Problems finding a shop, need help!!!

94formy

Mar 13, 2006
The crank bearing went out on aour 93 RM 250 so I did a search to find out as much information as I could. I learned that it's cheaper to just break the crank down and put a new rod and bearing on it. This is a good option since I can't seem to find a crank anywhere for it. Here's the problem we're running into. My brother has the bike in Larmie, Wyoming and the local machine shop doesn't have a truing jig to reset the crank and I don't know of any shops here close to Des Moines, Iowa that can do that either. Does anybody know of a shop in the midwest or the west that can break the crank down and put the new rod kit on it or know of somebody that I can send it to. In all the threads I read somebody kept talking about Eric Gorr. Is that a shop or a mechanic who can do that? Im running out of ideas. If anybody knows where I can get a crank for a 93 RM 250 that might work as well. I appreciate any advise i can get.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
have you checked the auction site at all? You may even be able to pick up a whole motor for pretty cheap for that year RM. Not sure if Eric Gorr is still working on bikes, he shut down for a little from I remember but check the forward motion section of the site

94formy

Mar 13, 2006
Thanks for the replies Sick96250 what auction site are you referring to? Also what is the forward motion section of the site you talked about, I can't find it anywhere.

mark808

Aug 22, 2006
you can get a crank with rod already installed and ready to go for about $180. check dennis kirk,rocky mountain,or motosport. never ordered any thing from motosports but looks like they got good prices.

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
in the back of dirt rider magazene theres a few places that rebuild them
it is called " dirt mart"
i did mine with a straight edge,and wedge your machene shop should be able to do it

Top Bottom