Urgent help need,doesnt make sence!!

Cr_125

Feb 25, 2006
Hi,
I have just replaced my crank with a hotrod crank and the crank bearings and all the oil seal etc,,,
The problem is I have only run one tank of gas through the tank and the flywheel can move about ½ mm and it makes a knocking noise when you move it.

The bike it self runs excellent no strange noises or nothing when running.

I just noticed it when I was cleaning the bike.

Usually when the flywheel has movement this means that the crank bearings are worn out, but they have only about 2 hours riding on the new bottom end rebuild. I don’t know if the moved ½ mm when I put it all back together or if it happened when I was riding.

Any one have any ideas why they are moving after such a sort time of riding.

The old bearings the number on the side was 63/22c4 and the new ones I put in the number was 63/22-2rs ,would the difference in the last numbers have anything to do with it??

If it is just a matter of replacing the crank bearing that’s not too big of a deal

But what im worried about is what if it’s the crank journals worn (it’s a brand new hotrod crank) what can I do then, is there any way of getting that fixed??

Thanks this is really pissed me off big time so any help would be brilliant.

Thanks

Sep 2, 2005
Could be where the bearings press into the crank case.. how hard was it to press the bearing in? Did you have to heat the case and freeze the bearing? you should have.
One more thing are you sure your fly wheel is tight? And not just the bolt striped feeling tight. If your cases are worn where the bearing rest you can freeze the bearing heat the case and use a small amount of JB weld around the outer part of the bearing and it will keep it from spinning in the cases and making it worse. there's another ways to fix it to like shimming the bearing or whacking the cases...Don't ask what whacking is lol nasty or not

Top Bottom