sparkycr250

Feb 9, 2002
So which on will you give the best over all performance. Would an average rider really notice the difference between them? I found that FMF is the only one that really has any Dyno testing done.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hey sparky, I can tell you the difference I felt between my bike(PC) and my buddy's (FMF gnarly), his was a little stringer off the bottom and maybe a little lesss hit when it comes on the pipe. Mine has more on top and in the midrange. in really tight stuff, his requires less clutch work, but not much. On the motocross track I think the PC blows the FMF away( but the gnarly is an off road pipe) Of the guys I ride with regularly 6 have '02 CR250's and 4 have the PC pipe and shorty silencer. The only person I know that has a Doma is on an RM80 so I can't give you very much on the power, but the construction looks first rate.:)

sparkycr250

Feb 9, 2002
Thanks, Well I'll tell you what I've found so far. I've seen the dyno numbers on (FMF gnarly), the power comes on early then tapers off in the higher rpm's. I'm going to be ordering a set of v-force reeds , a new pipe and sparky. I hope to do enough home work ahead of time to know what will enhance the performance of each other and round off the whole thing. On the other hand I've had really bad luck with FMF and want to try one of the other brands.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hey sparky, I also got the jetting numbers we're running up here in the high desert. (5600 ft). I have a 350 main, 25 pilot, and a 6BEY 31-77 needle in the second clip air screw 2-1/2 turns out. This is with a PC pipe and shorty silencer, and the head milled 10 thousandths. At 4500 feet without the milled head, same setup with the needle in the first clip and 2 turns out.

:aj:

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
the all around fmf pipe and silencer combo is the sst
doma is no hit anyware all around pipe
pro circuit is a stock copy:aj: :aj:

zsr

Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by agitt73

doma is no hit anyware all around pipe

Where do you get that from ??? Extensive dyno tests were done at PDQ in the UK using CR125 CR250. The Doma gave a lift on top whilst the next best pipe was the stock!! PC FMF BILLS werte all down on stock throughout the range on both bikes. The FMF also came with a split end which had to be welded before the test (This was in 1998 by the way). 01 models ran best with Doma and DEP

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
It could be a better pipe and increase power throughout and have no hit if it smooths out the power transitions, couldn't it?

BuggyDaker

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2001
doma

zsr,

just wondering if you've heard how the doma works on the 02 cr250. i'd like to see a dyno graph. and i heard domas are quiet. i like quiet.

bug

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom