procircuit silencer with my fmf pipe??????

nickman1209

Dec 29, 2006
i have a fmf fatty and a fmf shorty silencer. everyone tells me that the shorty is not what i need because i race outdoor motocross and the shorty is for supercross. why is the shorty for supercross??? and i want to get a procircuit silencer because my friends have them and they sound awesome and i want it for my racing type. what procircuit silencer would be the best for me. the standard 304 stainless silencer, the R 304 Stainless Silencer , or Type 296 Spark Arrestor. also can i have a fmf fatty and a procircuit silencer?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I know plenty of guys running shorty silencers outdoors, the SX part of it is because generally the shorty helps move the power a little lower in the powerband giving the bike more bottom end. You can mix and match pipes and silencers.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Depends on how you want the bike to run. As Chili said, you'll get improved low-end with the shorty...and vise-versa. On my 250, there is a noticeable difference between the two. On fast tracks I run the full-length. On the "slower" tracks I ride, I use the shorty. If you can swing it, get both and do some testing.

Top Bottom