KawiDave

Feb 3, 2005
Hi all, first of all you guys/gals rock! There is so much great info here it is amazing. Anyway, I've been trying to do some research on pipes for my great '02 KDX 200. I want to upgrade the pipe but so far everyone seems to be going the FMF route. Has anyone used the ProCircuit pipe on their KDX? I really like what PC did for my KX and was just wondering about it for my KDX. Thanks! :think:

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
og with a pro circuit! they make 2 models just like FMF. Why take the chance of getting a screwed up pipe from FMF and not having it fit? get the procircuit and you wont be sorry.

The WORKS (no finish) pipe will give you midrange and top end with no loss of bottom

The PLATINUM (Shiny Finish) Will do the same as the works

Both of these would be the same as a FMF Gnarly Desert Pipe

The Pro Circuit PLATINUM 2 will give you more bottom to midrange.

This pipe is equivalent to a FMF Gnarly Woods Pipe

I have a regular PC Platinum Pipe (top end) and it give the kdx a nice hit in th emidrange that pulls right into the top. Everyone tells me that my bike rides like a 125 with bottom end.

Go with a pro Circuit pipe/silencer!

:yeehaw: :cool: :)

KawiDave

Feb 3, 2005
Thanks, I kinda' had an idea that this was a silly question but there are a lot of people who swear by the FMF. PC has done such great work on all of their stuff. I'll take your advice and go witht he PC. Thanks again!! :cool: :yeehaw:

dddford

Dec 10, 2004
PC vs FMF

I have an FMF Fatty on my '97 KDX220 and my son has a PC platinum on his '96 KDX200. Both work great, his usually runs better than mine because he tinkers with it all the time. No racing, just weekend woods riding.

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
I bought an FMF Rev and would not recommend it. It did not fit for sh*t. From what I've heard, FMF really doesn't give a sh*t either. I would definitely go PC --same performance, better fit, no screwing around.

nrvs-nelly

Oct 25, 2003
I have an FMF Gnarly pipe and love it. Fits perfect without any hassles. Besides, If Jeff Freddette is running one and recommends it isn't that a testimonial in itself?

boymess

Apr 14, 2002
KawiDave - I have, through the past three years, had experience with all of the pipes mentioned here. I'll give you my take. I've run both the rev and torque FMF pipes. Both of mine fit fine and work much better than stock. I then tried a DynoPort pipe. It is made of heavier material and is an awesome ( mid to up, MX style ) powerhouse of a pipe...one drawback...it is very large and exposed to damage in the lower sections. I've finally settled on the Pro Circuit Platinum II. This is my favorite of all pipes for my style. It has great roll on for tight trails, and produces great power all through the rpm range. Other bonuses were great construction and easy to jet for. My rankings are #1 Platinum2 ( the 2 is important) #2 DynoPort - great power, #3 FMF gnarly, #4 FMF rev ( the FMFs reverse order on 220s)

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
boymess, was your pipe experience all with the same bike? How would you compare the power delivery between the Platinum II and the Gnarly woods (-35) pipe?

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I used to run the Pro Circuit Platnium on my 96 KDX 200, loved it. Wanted one for my new 220, but could only find the Platnium II, which I didn't want. I ended up going with the FMF rev pipe, fit perfect, haven't gotten the bike all together to ride yet.

As a note, in the paperwork for my FMF pipe they thank Dynoport for developing it for them.

boymess

Apr 14, 2002
Rhodester - Yes, I've had each of these pipes on the same KDX 200. The Platinum II was stronger across the range than the Gnarly pipe. The nickel/chrome finish is nicer than any other pipe I've had, too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom