Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A product shot I can actually post, there are many better but not yet released.

Shot and retouched by the studio.

Original shot below
Another shot made to capture the screen
I shot it, retouched by myself and Thump.

Attachments

• bberry_vs_original_shot.jpg
    bberry_vs_original_shot.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 125
  • bberry_vs_01.jpg
    bberry_vs_01.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 121

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Way cool Okie! I wish I got to shoot cool stuff like that. I'm actually heading downstairs to shoot some product right now, but books and stuffed animals aren't real exciting. Nice job on this one! Love that gray background. It makes the blue screen jump out really nicely.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Trust me, the product isn't always "cool" ... I've shot everything from bags of mulch, semi-frozen crabs, pool tables, patio furniture, apparel to ipods. If you see it at "a major retailer", we've probably shot it. Pretty wild knowing 14 million copies of catalogs we produce go out several times a year.

The background, etc., is stuff we just like to do; mostly we do silo stuff (white background) for printing, then versions for web use. Bottom line, it doesn't really matter what you shoot as long as you feel like you made it look as good as it can. There's still more retouching to do on this one.... problem areas. Identify them? There are 6 obvious problems (and probably 20 Thump would find had he spent any real time on it :) )

Working on shooting jewelry at the moment, THAT is tough.

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
hmmmm, I think I am picking up a "uneven" , faint shadow trail vertically, at lower left corner of the raspberry. I mean blackberry. :)

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
Okiewan said:
The horizontal line ? That's not an "issue", that was put in intentionally. As you may notice, it's not in the "raw" shot.
Yes , I noticed that and i was wondering. but I though maybe you shot a background, and had to remove it :)

"No Waldo" :)

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
heck retouch isnt even in my vocabulary, yet. But, I am setting some future goals, and thats one of them.
so to start, I watched some of the "you suck at photoshop" youtube vids :)

Will look forward to seeing what you change or list as improvments. As it is, I know I would be dang proud to have made the image!

Top Bottom