project car

May 10, 2007
i just thought i would share my project car.

me and my dad are doing it as a father-son kinda thing that (if we ever finish) will be my car. we started it about 6 months ago (give or take) and work on it every weekend.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3020170

i just thought some of people might find it interesting.

BTW its a '68 Pontiac Firebird

btm1948

Jun 4, 2008
just keep going on it i got me a project car as well its a 1948 dodge 1/4 ton truck. it used to be an old military truck. takes alot of work but so worth it

flying flea

Mar 18, 2008
Great job! Seeing as how the gas prices are going though, you might be driving an electric by the time its done.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:whoa: Quite the shop ya got over there! :cool: Getting the keys to that thing when it's done will be like a dream come true, lol.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Nice, gonna be sweet I'm sure, I like the rotisserie restoration :cool:

May 10, 2007
mmz77 said:
Nice, gonna be sweet I'm sure, I like the rotisserie restoration :cool:
yea it helped a lot for welding the floor pans. and when we painted the floor cometo think of it too. those would have been a nightmare to do without it.

we are hoping to have it done before i leave to college :bang: :laugh:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Sweet!! I someday hope to try the same thing with a 69 Camaro. I wondered about parts for these muscle cars until I stopped in at this store in OKC called Classic Auto Parts about 6 months ago out of curiousity. I couldn't believe the amount of aftermarket parts you can get for them!! Complete dash assemblies, floor pans, quarter panels and about anything else, sitting on a shelf to look at and buy.
Good luck, I hope you are really enjoying this.

May 10, 2007
yea you can buy every part that you need and in a lot of cases the firebird and camaro parts are identical. we have a camaro service manual that we use for most things.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
flyingfuzzball said:
me and my dad are doing it as a father-son kinda thing

That's the best part fuzzball. :cool:

Looks like you guys are doing a great job. Are you familliar with the Eastwood company? They offer many good rust treatments and coatings. Also have body/sheet metal tools.

Check 'em out at eastwood.com

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Very cool! My son and I are doing a project car as well. It's not always the fastest of progress but that's not the point.

May 10, 2007
Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My oldest "baby" got his hands on an already modded 350, 383 with like 9:1 pistons, can we say blower? With a 5 speed also. Should be fun, pump race fuel has not bounced around like the regular stuff. Picked up an older camero, tie the frame together, good to go.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
We've actually got a few projects now. His is a 1977 MG Midget with 44,000 miles that we pulled from a shed. I've had a 1979 of my own since before he was born and I recently picked up a '97 Miata as a daily driver that we're putting a rollbar in today and then a few other mods as time & $$ permit. His Midget will be a couple year job even though it's in exception condition because I'm just directing the work not doing it and it has to fit in between all the other activities he does.

May 10, 2007
yea one of my dad's good friends was a big MG guy and he restored a couple. they are nice little cars that you dont see to many of. i like the miata's too. my dad had one a couple years ago but sold it to a friend who had cancer and just recently bought a new one for his birthday. they really are great. i have gotten the chance to drive it down the driveway a couple times and i wanna do the drivers test in it. i think if i mess up too badly on parallel parking i could just pick it up and lift it in LOL!

Fox the cameros are perfect cuz its so easy to get parts for em if you ever need anything. i mean i swear you could just buy all the parts and put the car together yourself. and better yet they are all interchangeable with the firebird parts. i think half of my car is gonna be firebird the other half will be camero.

May 10, 2007
yeah when we were driving my sister down to college a couple weeks ago we saw a strange sight. it was half fiero half motorcycle. i didnt get a real good look at it but it was wierd. me and my dad were wondering if it was using the fiero engine though because the engine is in the back on a fiero.

yzwoods

Aug 2, 2006
Thats cool fuzz. And really cool that you and your dad are doing it together. I'm a bird fan as well. Have a 93 TA LT1, 94 Formula, And 96 Vette. All mint condition.
Trying to put up pics but won't let me? Using my photobocket and puting up clickable thumb nails. No go? Help...Please.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…