yzwoods

Aug 2, 2006
1200442097.jpg

yzwoods

Aug 2, 2006
Old guy, The thing about the fiero is it has elec issues and can light up like a bic. Sell. There dangerous cars. built with no driver saftey in mind and not even speed. AND it's not fast. Drove one.
I do not bash another bike or car ever. Not my style. But that car is ........Well i would feel bad about selling it with all the saftey issues. Sorry just my 2 cents on that car and from exp.

May 10, 2007
yea this weekend we just got the engine and tranny in!!!!! we still have to cut a hole for the shifter and need one part for the clutch but its going smoothly. ill have to find the stinkin camera to take some pics of it now.

PS these are the other cars we have.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Rbbmoose427

the 59 caddilac we didnt restore it was way to much work. the thing didnt have an interior....like zip nada.

the brougham we have only seen like twice cuz it is being restored by a guy in texas. again way too much work for us. you cant find parts.

the 65 mustang was modded out before we got it. it is a total sleeper over 400hp in it. the engine is what they put in the new cobras.

the shelby is actually my mom's car that my dad got a while ago (before i was born) and it was just another used car. now....

the mach one my dad also got before i was born and from what i have heard it was a total rust bucket. when he drove it home his college buddy put his foot through the floor it was so rusted.

and the vette is probably my dad's favorite car. he totally restored that. he put in the tranny in along with the sidepipes and a whole other bunch of stuff.

May 10, 2007
We just got the headers on though we are having problems with the rest of the exhaust. the X-pipe is right where the slipyoke is and they will hit when the slipyoke rotates. we think the problem is comming from the 5 speed tranny that we put it though we are going to wait and see if we still have the problem when the driveshaft comes. (we are using a slipyoke from my dad's corvette tranny)

we took a bunch of pics so we will upload them by the end of the weekend.

PS the exhaust system is http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynatech/329/930-911250/10002/-1

Oldman125

Jul 1, 2006
Thats going to be a really nice car...why didn't you use the 400 Pontiac motor?

Cudos to you for restoring some old American muscle...mine is an all original 83 T/A 5.0L carb (H), T-5, WS6, all discs, T-Tops always garaged. I special ordered it from my home town dealer 65,000 miles ago.

Good luck with yours and keep up the good work!

May 10, 2007
the 400 didnt really run very well. we will probably look into it and then sell it. the oil pan also leaked pretty badly like the tranny....and the radiator.....and the rear axle/differential....and the heater core....

it also had less power then the 350 which is lighter too.

PS today we started wiring (we start multiple things at once becuase we are always waiting on some part that has gone bad that needs to be replaced or something like the exhaust that holds us up while we figure out the best route.)

Oldman125

Jul 1, 2006
Okay, I just wondered. :cool:

BTW, the 400 Poncho with some rebuild and mods would make more torque that the 350 bowtie...but too late now. Enjoy your project...post more pics!

May 10, 2007
IT STARTED!!!!! we got it started last night with a few problems (the timing was horrible) but with a little tweaking today its running beautifully

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom