Project KX-D getting ready for final assembly.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
Here is the frame sand blasted. Notice the neat texture from the 80 grit. Clear coating that would actually look incredible. I painted it, it turned out like crap so I stripped it. The primer refuses to come off. It really stuck to the blasted surface. It will have to be sand blasted again. Doh! I am going to powdercoat it this time.

picture009hf8.jpg

picture008tp8.jpg

picture010se4.jpg

Other that that, I got my new Gold and Silver Talon wheels (Sweet!) and I should pick up the comletly fresh engine next week(top and bottom).

My last big school paper project is due Monday so I should be able to work on it this weekend if the frame comes back from powdercoater by Friday. It will be close.....

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Nice. I'm going for gun metal grey finish on mine when I've got the welding done. Is there any chance you could weigh your frame while it's stripped down? I'd like to compare it to my 86 125 frame. Thanks.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
arjay said:
Nice. I'm going for gun metal grey finish on mine when I've got the welding done. Is there any chance you could weigh your frame while it's stripped down? I'd like to compare it to my 86 125 frame. Thanks.

Sure, I get it back next week.

Top Bottom