zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Props goes out the Larocco... Isnt he 33?
No disrespect to MC, but the Rock is the same age as MC, isnt he? or off by 1 year?
All the talk is how MC is part time...I understand, and think he was the King of SX, but to win 7 titles, to have those skills, and have a hard time to finish top 10.. They call him the old man out on the track.. The rock is the same age.. And until last year, the Rock ran the Nats as well, while MC was doing the SX only for many years. I would think the Rock has the same amount of mileage if not more on his body than MC..... As I said, no disrespect for MC at all, and I know he has nothing to prove... But the "old man excuses" for his poor performances, to me, IMO, dont cut it when the Rock is out there at the same age doing the job.
PS, I am not trying to get flamed or labeld an MC hater, that is far from the truth. I used to never really like the Rock, but he has always been steady and just giving him some kudos.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
I totally agree with you. I am not the world biggest Larocco fan, but you can't help but notice his strong finishes. I have to admit, I am kind of disappointed with Jeremy's performance. I know he is just racing for fun and all, but he looks abosolulty spent within a few laps of the main event.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Larocco is the MAN! 3rd at Daytona at 33!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
He deserves it :cool:

I always thought he was one of the fastest on the track, but just never got his starting technique down..

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I've always been a LaRocco fan. The main reasons would have to be is work ethic and determination. My youngest started rooting for him as well (I guess that was influence on him) but doesn't understand why he doesn't win. It's kind of hard explaining to a nine year old that the reason I root for him is cause he's the oldest one out there and is on the podium a fair amount.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I have noticed, and this is at a novice level hare scramble, enduro, but there are some guys who just seem to not ever get physically drained. Now some of them might be because they workout but I would say a majority of them dont work out with any regularity. Getting to know guys in my district I was suprised to find out how many good A riders never workout.

Some people just seem to be able to tolerate more punishment, they seem to be just naturaly physical. That is how I see the Larocco.

I have seen pictures of MC where he just doesnt look too fit.
NEVER seen one of Larocco like that. I think he could stay top 5 (overall in the series SX or MX) for many more years. if he wanted to. With no serious injuries.

Top 5 aint bad, in that group of guys.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
Props to the Rock you say? MOST DEFINITELY! I bet none of the new generation ever even seen a race with one of Larocco's long forgotten teamates like say, Mike Kiedrowski. And yet 18 years of pro racing later, he's not just doing part time select events like McGrath or fully retired, he's still full bore into it! Not only that, but he consistantly beats most all the young guns! And to think when he's pulling third with only Chad and Ricky ahead of him, wow.... And Ricky is considering retiring in a few years? lol

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
I give the Rock a lot of respect and have been a fan for a long time. For the past couple years I have been able to count on LaRocco finishing at or around his number, in both individual race results and year end standings. Maybe there is a number curse. I think he and Jeremey should swap numbers.

Go Rock Go!

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I have been a Rock fan since I started watching motorcross, way before I owned a bike. Back when he rode a Kaw and was number 7. Him and Kidrowski sp? had some battles.

Top Bottom