steve.emma

Oct 21, 2002
Never tried,but if you know how rich a 2 stroker gets with just a jet change imagine the bog when fuel is squirted in every time the throttle is turned, it wouldnt rev.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I agree it wouldn't work right, I thought it was more for a 4 stroke only anyways. The closest thing a 2 stroke gets to it is a power jet similar concepts.

RJH

Jun 15, 2002
the 4/ carb has a different brass jet needle. The 2/ has tiny holes at the top to help atomize the fuel while the 4/ has several holes up the tube. The unit can suck fuel more than the 2/. It would be very hard to tune in the mid range - if not at all. Bob Hogg

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by colem
Anyone ever tried this? I was thinking about it the other day and got to wondering what it might do.

Used to run them on Dirtbikes and Mini-sprints all the time - the power difference was appreciable... Just had to drill strategically place hole in cylinder to provide pulse for the pump..

RJH

Jun 15, 2002
OHHH - I thought you were talking about putting a 4/ carb on. So - like ...dee said above - just drill a hole behind the reed intake to pulse the carb. You won't get the jetting range - but you could probally dial in the high speed well. Find a 42 mm or bigger carb for a bike. Make sure you have a perfect seal. Usually drill for a 1/8" NPT and use a barb to npt fitting.
We put a pump on shifter karts in that manner - as we are pumpling uphill. Bob Hogg :eek:

steve.emma

Oct 21, 2002
What do you mean by pumper carb? I thought you meant a carb off a four stroke that has an acclerater pump, which would make it way too rich. But running a vacum signal pump to feed a standard carb is a completely different story. Just like on go-carts.

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by steve.emma
What do you mean by pumper carb? I thought you meant a carb off a four stroke that has an acclerater pump, which would make it way too rich. But running a vacum signal pump to feed a standard carb is a completely different story. Just like on go-carts.

I was assuming he means running a pumper on a 2-stroke engine..

Pumper carb on a 2 smoke?
Anyone ever tried this? I was thinking about it the other day and got to wondering what it might do.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom