purchasing a Husqvarna CR125 from 1999

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Hello Huskie owners,

I can buy a '99 CR125 with a destroyed topend.
It seemed that the bigend bearings went apart destroying head, piston and a sidecase. So mega repair.
I am thinking of buying this bike to fix it, but like to have some pretips before i make a move buying it.
How is the suspension, marzocchies forks and boge/sachs shock?
Adequate or do i have to revalve a bit?
How is milage per tank full(8,5ltr tank) when i want to do offroad?
What about spare part prices?
Are there aftermarket pistons/rods for this type of engine?
Any other things you know about this type?
Any help is appreciated, thnks in advance.

George

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Not sure about 99 but 2000 onwards have great suspension and handling. You would most likely need to to revalve an mx bike for off road anyway. A larger tank off the WR250 should fit (it does on post 00) There should be lots of parts interchangability between the models of that year - WR lighting coils, flywheel, ignition, pipe etc. Sounds like it would make a good big bore project.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Hello again Arjay,
i did a search for this model and it showed a lot of threads in archive.
thnks for answering this one also(smilie)
I assume you have a huskie, happy with it?
I own a wr250 1998, which i am happy with.
Fixed my suspension a bit for my weight and further customised it a bit.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Georgieboy never owned one but I remember when they came out that my mate JB who is a mechanic at our local Husky dealer said the guys who bought them complained that it was noticeably down on power to all stock Jap 125's. I remember he took it for a spin and said he had to agree with the customer. I remember that because Alessio Chiodi had won the 125 GP World Championship on Husky at that time and we were suprised that a company who had won the GP's would have a weak 125 motor. All else was good.

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Georgieboy - I have a 2001 WR125 which I am more than happy with. Power might be down on jap 125 mxer's (although it feels about the same as my old 98 YZ125) but it has more bottom end and a wider mid range which suits off road/enduro riding. Handling and suspension are strong points too.

jeremiah397

Oct 1, 2003
i have owned a 99 cr 125, 00 wr 125, and a 01 cr 125. if you are going to spend more than about $200.00 on this bike that needs all of this work then i would not waste time or money. the 99 was down on power bad!!!!! the 00 and 01 were probably one of the best bikes that i have ever owned. if you can find a 00 or 01 husky for a good price then jump on it. i would not buy a 99 model. i think you would be dissapointed in the suspension and motor on the 99.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…