Purchasing a new light bulb

Jake1234

Dec 26, 2003
I have a 92 kdx 200, and my bulb recently broke. I have spent the last month going everything and trying to find a replacement, however I have had no luck. I cant find one that is the same size, and connects the same way. Any idea where I can find one that works?

Jake

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Dennis Kirk or Steahly Flywheel.
Others have found this same bulb in auto & tractor parts houses.

DirtRoller

Jul 25, 2004
I went with Yamaha 25 watt and I think it is not enough light.
Your right Jason, the oem price made me go in this direction.
I would like to get a higher watt bulb for my bike. I do not have the taillight hooked up. I wonder what the highest wattage you can use and will it fit the stock socket?
I guess I will try oem 35 watt (for $12) if that is the brightest you can go? Does anyone have a better idea???
Jake, hold off on the yamaha bulb, maybe someone will give us the beta. If not, spend the xtra money and get the 35 watts.

Jake1234

Dec 26, 2003
I had a 35 watt bulb before on my bike, it worked well, but now I cant find a replacement that is the same size and fits. Ive went everywhere. Where can u buy the 35 watt bulb, for a Kawasaki dealership? or where? A friend told me that Kawi doesnt have a replacement bulb, so I didnt go to a dealership. Does anyone know if dealerships can get replacements, I dont care how much it costs, I NEED MY LIGHT!!!

Jake

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I bought a 35 watt bulb from Stealhy and it didn't appear to be any brighter than the original (tested at night in the garage).
BTW, I think the original bulb has 2 filaments and that inserting it upside down will use this other filament. I'm going to install a 75 watt coil, modify the harness and use both filaments. Hopefully the extra heat won't melt the housing, wiring harness, or switch.

Jake1234

Dec 26, 2003
Ok ill try going to a Kawi dealer and ask them, my friend told me that dealerships cant get replacement bulbs, but ill try anyways. I might just buy a whole new headlight plastic, like an acerbis one, it comes with the light bulbs and light and everything:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…