Putting the "happy" back in the happy meal

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Hey YZ165, did you see this?

Associated Press

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- A couple of New Mexico police officers say they got an unhappy meal from a Burger King.

The officers are suing the fast-food chain, claiming they were served hamburgers that had been sprinkled with marijuana.

The lawsuit says the two officers for the Isleta Pueblo tribal police were riding in a marked patrol car when they bought meals at the drive-through of a Burger King in Los Lunas, New Mexico.

The lawsuit says the officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering marijuana on the meat. They used a field test kit to confirm the substance was pot.

Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I seen that! But I think those cops had a random weekly drug test coming up and they were prolly hittin' the bong and figured their only chance was to come up with the new hamburger recipe.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
It does seem staged. What teenage kid is going to waste his "stash" on someone else? That stuff would be up in smoke, not wasted on a practical joke. I might believe it if they spit on the burger or something like that.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
junkjeeps said:
I might believe it if they spit on the burger or something like that.
That happened last year at a different BK and it was a lunger too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom