IBAGUY

Nov 26, 2010
Bike will start and idle with gas poured into the intake. Carb is clean Bike will not rev past idle speed. Any thougths?

Also how do you delete the oil injection. I dont trust them. Thanks

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Good choice on the oil injection. Clean as you make think it is, you describe a perfectly clogged pilot jet. And that is the smallest pilot I have ever dealt with. Remove the jet, make sure by spray and air its clear, and the passage it screws into. Really try to back flush that passage. Vintage Bob

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Just to throw out the obvious, have you checked the kill switch? If it is on "start" it will not rev, and it will not start in "run". You can disable this feature by disconnecting the wires behind the front number plate. Been a while, so I can't remember if it's one or both, but the info is pretty easy to find if you search.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Exactly what I was thinking. The 3 sposition switch is a good idea for little tykes but can cause some grief for us older ones if we are not thinking LOL!

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
if the start run stop switch is in the start possisition and you try to rev it the bike sounds really constipated. if you find any jets this small blocked the only thing I have found small enough topush through without reeming the jet oversize is 1 strand of genuine quality throttle inner cable

IBAGUY

Nov 26, 2010
Stupid switch.

Thanks everyone. I have owned over 50 bikes easily, Been working on them for a long time. Never ran into a 3 position switch till now. Now I can put it back together and see if ti will start without putting fuel in the carb first.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
IBAGUY said:
Stupid switch.

Thanks everyone. I have owned over 50 bikes easily, Been working on them for a long time. Never ran into a 3 position switch till now. Now I can put it back together and see if ti will start without putting fuel in the carb first.

Don't feel bad, man. We all fall victim the the obvious! I think, as men, we have the tendency to always look for the big problem so we can fix it whenever all too often it's something as simple as a setting. I constantly end up turning a $5 job into a $200 job simply because I can't seem to be satisfied with the simple, and I think that's just a mentality of a guy.

IBAGUY

Nov 26, 2010
Well I brought my 79 MX 80 home to work on it. So the 50 is going on the block to find a new home. I have 3 other projects that need my attention.

Top Bottom