Pw 80 Carb/throttle Guru Question

STOLLIE75

May 12, 2009
I Just Picked Up A Pw 80 2006 I Am Cleaning The Carb And Noticed The Restricer That The Throttle Cable Hooks Up To Can I Ground That Down To Give Me More Throw On The Throttle ?? I Am Talking About The Thing That The Needle Sits In

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
uH i aM prettY surE yoU caN grinD anythinG buT yoU mighT wanT tO bE morE specifiC abouT the parT yoU arE askinG abouT. perhapS thE parT diagraM numbeR froM somethinG likE bikEbandiT.coM woulD helP.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well Bucko that there is what ya' call a carburator slide, and I would suggest that is not a part you want to take to with a hacksaw and bench grinder. Perhaps you should try this. Take the carb off and look through it like you we some air about to help some gas to explode into glorious internal combustions. Now move that little slide up as far as it will go with your finger like you were pinned and planning to suck yourself and all your little air buddies in to the glorious internal combustions temple just as fast and in as large a group as possible. My guess is that you will see that it slides a lot further up than you realize at this point in time and hopefully you will realize that it is not worth the effort and future replacement dollars to proceed with your modification. Perhaps you will also realize that if you want this little bike to go fast you should consider getting a faster bike or look at more conventional methods of increasing what little performance this little bike has. Look at spending stupid amounts of your allowance on a neato cool exhaust that will likely do little more than make noise. Maybe consider piecing together a big bore kit that will actually give you a little boost, or perhaps realize that there is a reason most people have chosen another platfor for a faster little bike.

As soon as that is all completed please go to the teacher you had in 3rd grade and ask him/her to please explain the rules of capitalization to you again.

Top Bottom