Glasman66

Feb 28, 2003
Here is where we are at. Bike fires, but is not getting gass to the carb. If I put some gas into the carb throat she fires up but dies as soon as the gas is gone.

I tore the carb apart and still no gas. Is there a fuel circuit I'm missing?

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Is the petcock on? :scream:

If so is gas coming out of the fuel line? Then is there gas in the float bowl?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If it's getting out of the tank and out of the hose and IS in the bowl then you must have a clogged jet or passage in the carb. Or maybe there is a mouse nest in the intake? :)

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
A can of spray carb cleaner and some compressed air might work. Or there are cans of carb cleaner that are for soaking if its REAL cruddy.

jasowiii

Nov 16, 2003
I found some foaming carb cleaner, Amsoil I think. I love it when I am trying to avoid a tear down. It seams like it is able to push stuff out of a clog!

Jim

Glasman66

Feb 28, 2003
Something has to be gummed up I'm taking the whole carb apart now. I tried compressed air and carb cleaner. I'm gonna need more brute strength.

This bike has been sitting forever.

Glasman66

Feb 28, 2003
Okay here is what I have done.

1. I have taken everything off the crab that will come off. I now have it in a carb cleaner that comes in a gallon bucket.

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I don't know about bikes, but my lawnmower has a needle valve (name?) that allows fuel to enter the float bowl. It is opened and closed by the float level. Mine got gummed up and would not flow any fuel into the bowl. I took it out and cleaned out the passages and now it runs like a champ. Of course, all of this would have been avoided if I had used Stabil when I stored it.

stu182

~SPONSOR~
Dec 11, 1999
best thing to use is carb cleaner in a can that has the red hose with it. Spray all the holes in the carb and the jets too. Take everything you can off the carb.

Top Bottom