Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's a 3 position switch if I recall, start, run, stop?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Yes, you can remove the switch, many people just disconnect the multi-wire connecter behind the number plate so that it is either on or off (no difference in start and run).

The screw will vary with temp, humidity, elevation, and wind speed. Baseline it in the 1.5-2 turn region and adjust it for the current environment. On a PW50, the screw has a huge impact on the entire RPM range, more so than any other motorcycle that I have ever heard about.

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Just unplug the multiwire plug behind the front number plate to bypass the start function of the switch. I must have been lucky, my son raced his pdub all year last year and I never had to touch the air screw.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Me too (just not last year), but I saw many daddies turning that screw all the time. They seemed to feel that there was significant power to be had, perhaps this is the problem. Of course, if the screw is too far off, then the bike will run horribly. The popular consensus is that the screw should be adjusted before every ride, and any time the weather changes. I was always too lazy, and made my boy ride it as it sat.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
the peedub is one of the few bikes where the air screw would have an effect all throughout the throttle range. especially if jetted better. you end up around a 67.5 main and then play with the screw to get it to clean out up top. adjust the oil injection so it is set to the minimum .010" setting and run 80:1 premix. still AMA legal and runs better...if your going to race it.

Top Bottom