Status
Not open for further replies.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Hi guys, I've got some quad questions I would like help with. Does anybody know if there are any quad forums like the DRN forum out there?

Thanks,

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
125 rider,

I didn't want to post it here for fear of being labled a dufus that can't read... :confused: This is a dirt bike forum.

Tell ya what though, here is the problem.

-------------------

I've got an 87 Warrior that I picked up used. We're having a lot of fun with it but occaisionally it won't start. More specifically the starter won't engage, no clicking, no noise, no nothing, it's almost as though the wiring has been removed. Doesn't matter if it's in gear or in neutral, clutch in or out. When in neutral, the green light that indicates neutral will be on, but dim as you hit the switch which maybe leads me to beleive a short or something odd. BUt not all the time.

If I use the rope (which is an absolute back breaker) to rotate the engine around and move it forward and back while it's in gear, it will generally start.

NOW, the trickey thing. While you are riding, if you come to a stop, the last thing you here when you hit the stop switch is the sound of what I beleive to be the starter disengaging. Is it possible that the starter is constantly engaged, not necessarily forcing rotation but engaged to the gears so it is being rotated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob

bud

Jun 29, 1999
Sounds like you need a test light (couple bucks at an auto electrician). It could be any of a number of things, but is likely pretty cheap to fix, once you have some idea how far the power is getting :).

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by stormer94
125 rider,
I didn't want to post it here for fear of being labled a dufus that can't read... :confused: This is a dirt bike forum.

You Dufus,can't you read ;)

J/K

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I think this is the first Quad topic I have seen that doesnt have MBFTY posting in it before I do! Amazing, really amazing...

Lee Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom