MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
oldguy said:
Personally I prefer the quads race on their own day. This weekend was a prime example- the bikes worked up some great ruts and berms in practice and then the quads went out and knocked them all down and then polished the loose dirt off to the track edges. Same happened each time the quads went out after bike motos.
Let the quads race but on their own day when bikes are not.
In Wisconsin (district 16) very few tracks still offer a mixed schedule for this reason

Gravity Park USA is one of those, I was just up there yesterday :cool:

motogurl

Apr 5, 2004
wardy said:
ATVA and AMA pro racing are two completely different animals. 4-Wheel "PRO" events are still under the amatuer umbrella or at least they were last i checked. Its' always been an issue with many at us at AMA since they assume they are "pro" but really are not.

Not anymore... as of the end of 2006 they announced "pro" licensing for the quad riders. They have to have their "pro" license now issued through and by the AMA to race the ATVA/AMA sanctioned events. It just started last year. So yes they are really pros.

motogurl

Apr 5, 2004
wardy said:
Going to this bike/quad pro day. MX nationals are having trouble with turn out? Or are they just experimenting with some different things.

I think it was something they are experimenting with. The AMA/ATVA lost alot of Pro Quad Riders this year to a new series called the WPSA. For the northern guys, you probably know that is the same people that run the snowmobile tour. They are now running an ATV tour and it all ran with ESPN2. I think it was ATVA/AMA stab at seeing what pros they could back to racing in their sanction. Just my .02

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
MeanorMX said:
Gravity Park USA is one of those, I was just up there yesterday :cool:

As in they don't let the wheelchairs race with bikes?? In 2003 I raced there all the time and there were lots and lots of quads screwing up the track (those polished corners at night when the moisture comes outa the ground SUCKS). Haven't been there since ScottyB left though....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
motogurl said:
I think it was something they are experimenting with. The AMA/ATVA lost alot of Pro Quad Riders this year to a new series called the WPSA. For the northern guys, you probably know that is the same people that run the snowmobile tour. They are now running an ATV tour and it all ran with ESPN2. I think it was ATVA/AMA stab at seeing what pros they could back to racing in their sanction. Just my .02
Now that is the most intelligent thing I have heard to do with these utility vehicles. They are not motorcycles,and closer in kin to a snowmobile. If a course is big enough for snowmobiles then it would serve quads also! Stupid ama! They would date their sister for an easy 39 dollars!

Top Bottom