qualifying for lorettas

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Look in the ama book or check your local tracks for contingency races. Your bike is not eligible, but bet they will be some good races to hit up! I have never heard of anyone benefiting from going to LL or ponca in c class. Get better and when you are b or a then go.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Spider debated staying in B for the start of the season and trying to qualify for LL but in the end decided he needed the money more for school then the trip. From people I have talked to just your trip to the ranch is going to cost at least $750 without figuring in food and travel expenses. That aside no one I spoke with has ever said it wasn't worth doing at least once.
Ponca is much easier to qualify for and also everyone that has gone there was happy they did it. 2 seasons ago Spider actually qualified for Ponca without being aware he was trying to. You needed to finish in a top % (I do not remember exactly) at 2 qualifier races and you were in. We happened to be at a track running a double header and he raced both days and won both days - a month later he got a letter telling him he was in. Unfortunately the truck broke down as we were heading down and he missed it.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000

if i remember correctly, it's top twelve in your region. i did it last year in 40+. it was fun. i got 7th. it doesn't have the atmosphere that loretta's does but is still something to remember.

i've been to loretta's too when my daughter was racing. it was a great time. i tried to qualify in '06 but didn't make it.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…