LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I AM going to buy some Asterisk knee braces soon. My question is this, if I grow 2-3 more inches will the braces still fit? I am only 16 and may still grow and if that’s the case I can’t afford to buy 2 pairs of braces. I am right now 6’ft tall and happy at this height. So someone please help me here, I really don’t want to hurt my knees! Thank you in advance.

Lee W.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
LWilson, they do allow for growth to a certain extent. Call and talk to Brad at 1-800-459-2999, he can figure out your size, and maybe we can squeeze you into the next size up so you have more room to grow :D . Even if your not ready to order them right now, call him , he is very helpful and will answer any questions you might have. Any thing else I can help you with let me know. Do you race? If so where ?

Billy

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Thanks billywho, I will call Brad ASAP! I am just getting into racing, I rode a small enduro about 2 months back and was hooked. It looks like I will be getting a 125 MX bike soon and so I think I will try my hand at some motocross. I also plan to race some hare scrambles too. I normally ride at Highlands MX Park in Highlands TX. They have 2 tracks there, the day track and a lighted night track. It should be a lot of fun. Thanks again.

Lee W.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I have a question as well...

I purchased my braces at the beginning of summer, but haven't been able to wear them untill this past month.
I love the way they feel and they do feel like they go away.
I even trimmed my graphics so I just rub plastic.
My question is, is there a cure for the behind the knee chaffing?
I remember an old thread saying that they are to tight if you rub the back of your knee raw. I have loosened them up to the point of being kinda loose feeling but still after 3-4 hours of riding I am burning from the rubbing behind my knees.
Am I just a whiney little *****, or what?:silly:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Check which way your drawstring goes. From what I remember Thump had the same problem and got rid of it by changing the strings. I'll check thekids set when he gets home later because he wears his for hours (9 in one day at DW) with no problems

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Are you wearing the socks with them?

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I am wearing the thigh highs...

Denise loves to see me strut!
The laces are on the outside of the cuffs. Or top and bottom...
I wonder if my tendon cuffs are right?:eek:
Billywho the yz-f impaler said that they were going to do an instructional video?
BTW, I bought these things because of DRN!
I also have a friend who saw mine and bought them too.
I am happy, just need a little tuning.:confused:

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Well I called Brad and I guess he was away from his desk... I will give it another try later. As of now I am trying to save lots of money for the braces. I would rather spend $550 then blow my knee.

Lee W.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Well FC22 it's you and Thump who have convinced me of the need for the braces. BTW how is you knee? Any idea when you will be back riding?

Lee W.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
It doesn't feel good but I'm getting more and more motion in it. I was on it all day at work and that wasn't good. I'm walking around (ok hobbling) without crutches a little and I'm not supposed to but I have to.

6 months I can ride carefully w/ a brace, 8 months 100%.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom