question for rich

a friend of mine said that he uses a 50/50 mix of 110 and 92 and it comes out to be 112. is that possible? what i think is it will change the A.K.I please help.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
hot125mod said:
a friend of mine said that he uses a 50/50 mix of 110 and 92 and it comes out to be 112. is that possible?
Your friend is delusional.

trial_07

Play with gravity
I think it's actually more complicated than that...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
hot125mod said:
would it change the Anti knock index
AKI = the number at the pump in the US = (RON + MON) /2

Any time you change the RON or MON you change the end result of the equation.

Rich,how many cc's of chevron phillips 20 percent oxygenate boost will it take to bump up oxygenate levels in 355 race fuel to 4 %?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
36.6 ounces (1082 cc) of B02 added to a gallon of 355 fuel will give you 4% oxygen by weight. It basically turns it into a 264 fuel using the numbering system that Dave Redszus came up with. You'll probably need to richen the jetting by about 10% if you do this.

He was tapped out of 324,I know about the antiquated octane rating crap,have a high compression motor,so I'd try the 355 and see!Well the big O was sorely missed and the higher octane did not do it at all!Now it floors me even more at how in the heck a huge(seemingly) company like vp can market so much bs in their mixes and why people do NOT want to hear it!Every time I talk to Dave about the O,he just smiles and says"just try more!"And I easily get side tracked on the moving the sound waves in pipes,and he honestly seems to detest 2t's!The look on riders faces when burning Chevron-Phillips fuel is funny,say no to 10%!Running white plastics can easily show burning CP fuel rich,can not read plugs anymore,and the Y pipe with a bong near the rear shock reservoir is coming!Now all I need is a streetbike tire the same od as my rear tire and were going to the dyno,I am sure this 450 is closer to 60hp than 50!Rich as always,Thank You and wow,unbelievable!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
hot125mod said:
also it would lean out the race fuel right? :whoa:
What impact it has on the jetting will be totally dependent on the make up of the two fuels. As a VERY GENERAL rule of thumb, adding a percentage of non-oxygenated race fuel to pump fuel will tend to make the bike run RICHER and force you to lean out the jetting in some or all of the circuits. Until you test it yourself you won't know for sure unless you have a lot of data on the individual fuels.

ok i totally worded that wrong anyways like you said in your article Fuel terminology 1 "Octane boosters and alcohol can change the density of a fuel to a large degree", is that the same for ether like in u2

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
hot125mod said:
ok i totally worded that wrong anyways like you said in your article Fuel terminology 1 "Octane boosters and alcohol can change the density of a fuel to a large degree", is that the same for ether like in u2
The density of the fuel is just a small part of it. The difference in distillation curves of pump fuel and the various race fuels has a much more significant effect on the fuel curve. If you add an ether based compound like MTBE you also add an oxygen molecule which has a large influence on the the fuel curve.

The O in the middle is where the fun starts. ;)

METHYL-tert-BUTYL ETHER (MTBE) Chemical Structure

Attachments