question on 1976 kd175 clutch operation

City Hunter

Feb 8, 2008
I was looking at a kd175, looked to be around 1976 or so and it was missing the clutch cable. I'm very unfamiliar with this bike. I noticeed there was no spring there, and the clutch cable assumnig there was one just moved this splined shaft in and out, yet I could rotate it all the way in and out without any pressure whatsoever. Is this common or is something broke? I passed up the bike ebcause I wasnt sure what was going on with that. It just didnt seem right.

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
Sounds like something is missing. There should be a lot of resistance rotating the clutch actuator. It presses against a shaft that presses the pressure plate out against the force of the 5 clutch springs. Go to buykawasaki.com, click on owners info and track down parts diagrams for the bike for exploded view diagrams. Online retailers may have these views also. Its not incredibly different that your yamaha.

City Hunter

Feb 8, 2008
yeah thats what I thought. I was like I know this thing has a pressure plate in it... I was like well maybe they used some weird shaft deal hehe.

Top Bottom