Question on riders weight

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
Jeremy,

I have a new 2003 RM250. My height is 6'2" and I weigh 220lbs. Should I set the suspension to the max becasue of my weight. Should this be sufficient or do I need to get the suspension reworked.

Thanks.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
You're borderline. I know people your weight who use the stock parts, but if you're fast, you'd be better off with new springs at least.

Set the rear sag using the instructions that are available on the Web (15-40mm free, 85-115 loaded, a lot of opinions here, but you will probably be somewhere near (or under) the minimum for free sag and maximum for loaded). If there is a way to increase preload on the fork on the 'zook, you should probably do that, too.

You can probably go a few clicks and turns in on the compression adjusters, and also have to go in on the rebound clickers since you have more preload. If you ride a lot of sand whoops fast, you will most likely need new springs and possibly a revalve.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…