JohnD

Nov 8, 2001
I know this question has been asked before, but I would like any opions from some body that has ridden a 400exc and 351 kitted bike back to back. I want to get a 4 stroke but am really torn between a 400 exc and the kitted 250 exc. Most people have said that they are happy with the 351. Everbody seems in to agree that the 250 stock is weak. People I have talked too said that the 400 feels heavier. The bike will be used mostly in the rocks of eastern PA. I am keeping my 200 exc for the sand runs. I rider enduros and hare scrambles. Which ever bike I get will be lower as I am a short person. Which ever bike I get will be a new 04 leftover. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I can't speak for the power of the 351 kitted 250, but having owned a 250 and 400 RFS back to back they felt identical in the handling department. I think that you couldn't go wrong with more displacement. The 400/450 is docile enough to ride in the tight/twisties and yet has plenty if you want to open it up and let it rip. I wish I could ride one of the 351 kit bikes. I liked the 250 but had to ride it like a 125 to go fast. Just keep it pinned all the time.

Randy

Top Bottom