Zacharus

Dec 3, 2005
im fairly new to the two stroke scene, coming off a ttr125 to a 2005 kdx200

ive already ordered a fmf gnarly desert kg-30, havent put it on yet so its sitting in my room, waiting till i can order a silencer,
debating over a powercore II or fmf Q.

pulled snorkel out, everything else is stock and so is jetting as of now

now heres the question

what is a rad valve? what are reeds?
where are these parts located at on the bike ?

does my bike already have a rad valve ? and reeds ?

a lot of people say they have rad valves so im interested in getting one eventually

if anyone can help me out that would be cool

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Zacharus said:
m

what is a rad valve? what are reeds?
where are these parts located at on the bike ?

does my bike already have a rad valve ? and reeds ?

l
The reeds are in the intake side of the engine after the carb. They alow a controlled fuel/air mixture in and not back the other way. Way simplified but since this is just my $.02 its not worth much :)

A RAD valve is a fancy reed cage (the part that holds the reeds) it has better flow characteristics, I believe... remember $.02 answers. Click below, but put the pipe on, jet it and see if you want more first. Also the silencer will not buy you much power but could make your neighbors hate you, the quiet core is my after market choice but the stocker is quieter.

http://www.boyesen.com/article/articleview/31

Last edited:

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
If you do get a new silencer be sure to get one with a spark arrestor such as the "Q" or the TurbineCore 2. You need the spark arrestor to ride legally in most forests. The PowerCore is just a straight silencer and is only legal for closed course such as an MX track.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom