question?

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
how hard is it to do this kind of stuff on a sled??

<object width='640' height='568'><param name='movie' value='http://img.purevideo.com/images/player/player2.swf?sa=1&si=1&i=25914'></param><embed src='http://img.purevideo.com/images/player/player2.swf?sa=1&si=1&i=25914' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='640' height='568'></embed></object>

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
easier on a snowcat than on a dirt bike.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
what those guys were doing, no. Not that hard.

Now, there is some stuff out there that looks purt near impossible, just like some of the things dirt bike guys do.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Just remember...snowmobiles weigh a lot more than dirtbikes. They're a lot tougher to throw around or lift out when they get stuck. I also find snowmobiles more difficult to ride since they're tougher to lean.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
SpeedyManiac said:
Just remember...snowmobiles weigh a lot more than dirtbikes. They're a lot tougher to throw around or lift out when they get stuck. I also find snowmobiles more difficult to ride since they're tougher to lean.
let me clarify:

it's easier to ride in the snow on a snowcat than on a dirt bike

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
lol yeah.its fun as he l l to ride in the snow though is it bad for your bike?

Apr 30, 2007
I haven't had much experience on any modern snowmobile, but I'd have to say that the stunts that they're doing aren't for new riders, or riders who are accustomed to ditch-only riding. I am the queen of obviousness today! :)

The jumps may be easy enough - but I really don't think you'd want to screw up on that drop off. It would really suck to nose dive the sled completely, and do a helmet plant. Hmm...in that depth of snow, with it being that soft...there's a chance you'd be buried up to your waist with just your legs flailing around!

That'd be downright funny to see if there were no injuries and some people to help you out!!

Lastly, With a non-mountain sled, I don't think you'd have a chance in that type of snow!

/.02$

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
I have a good friend that has been snowmobiling his life and has one of those high performance mountain sleds. He let me take it out for a go and yes it did seem a bit different than my bike but I adjusted quickly. Now in the sumer later that year I let him take my CR250R out and about 30 seconds later he found himself on the ground along with my bike. Im pretty sure dirtbiking is more difficult for someone with no experience than snowmobiling with no experience. Different strokes for different folks.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
doing that kind of stuff on a snowmobile isnt hard if you dont fear getting hurt. they were riding in powder so its pretty hard to get hurt unless your sled falls on you.

May 10, 2007
sixds said:
doing that kind of stuff on a snowmobile isnt hard if you dont fear getting hurt. they were riding in powder so its pretty hard to get hurt unless your sled falls on you.

yea if the sled falls on you.....or if you drown in it.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
stumanarama said:
was that guy cooking shrimp off the header?

Yea :) I think im going to try that with my dirt bike, some barbecue ribs would really hit the spot on the trail.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…