Sep 8, 2006
Hey guys I gotta quick question. I just had the bottom end done on my 2000 RM 125. I am trying to put the bike back together but I am having difficulty with the powervalve assembly. I do not own the manual so that is the biggest part of my problem. I am also wondering if the guy who did my bottom end put something back wrong. The steel rod that connects the cylinder part of the powervalve to the bottom end just doesn't seem to have anywhere to connect. When I disassembled the engine it just popped right out and now it seems impossible to hook it back up. I would appreciate and similar stories, ideas, or remedies you guys could share.

Thanks,
Michael

Sep 8, 2006
Thanks for the help. However, the hole in part #25 is not at 3:00 o'****, rather, it is at 12:00 o'clock. It does not move at all either. That is why I am curious if the mechanic did something wrong?

Thanks,
Michael

Sep 8, 2006
There are two local guys that I am going to have take a look at it tommorrow. Either one of them should be cool with taking a couple of minutes to tell me what the deal is. I was hoping that someone may have a quickfix though.

Thanks,
Michael

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It could be that it's put together wrong.. only one way to find out for sure.. Pull it apart..

I just had the power valve on my bike pulled apart... I wasn't sure about alignment, but there is obvious wear marks on the gears, so it wasn't too hard to figure out how it all went back together.

I'm headin up to Wildcat Creek tomorrow to see how the bike is running.. I've done a few things to it in the last couple weeks, and haven't been able to get on a real track yet. Should be fun!

Sep 8, 2006
Yeah, I thought that wear marks would show me the way but alas, they have not. It just a Suzuki thing with their wierd assembly. Have fun at wildcat creek. I haven't been there yet but I hear its great. I'm headed to either Haspin or Attica this Sat.

Michael

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I really don't like either Attica or Haspin that much.. We are going to a place over in Danville, Ill this weekend.. Small track, not a lot of people go there.

Top Bottom