Quick jetting question (I'm sorry!)

svmtbman

Mar 11, 2003
I've seemed to have gotten my jetting pretty close but I have a quick question. I've got a '03 200 with the airbox lid removed and the main jet and pilot dropped one size (45 and 158), otherwise the bike is stock. My question is, when I'm idleing up a hill in second and wack open the throttle the responce feels kinda flat and then the bike takes off, not really a dead bog but not the snap I want. If the motor is a little above idle when I wack the throttle it revs fine. Adjusting the air screw doesn't really seem to make a big difference, I've even played around whith the needle position without much luck (from clip posttions #3 and #2 from the top). Is this the best I can expect from the stock pipe and reeds or do I need to keep tweaking with the pilot and air screw?

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Your probably still jetted too rich which will cause the plug to load up while idleing. I would do a plug chop to be sure but try a 155 main 42 pilot. If you don't spend alot of time at WOT you could also try a hotter plug.

When my 200 was stock and jetted correctly I could blip the throttle from idle and lift the front end.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Don't know what 'doesn't really seem to make a big difference..' means, but don't give up on the AS. With correct jetting, an AS misadjustment of as little as 1/8 turn can make by bike stumble in the situation you note.

With jetting less than correct.....it will be worse.

svmtbman

Mar 11, 2003
I'll try dropping the pilot down to a 42 and the main to 155, I have noticed that I get a puff of smoke when I whack on the throttle so maybe I'm still a little rich on the pilot. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…