Quick Question about the "ooze" coming out of the silence

LVDirtJunky

Aug 8, 2006
My buddy has a 00 honda 125, his bike has excessive "ooze" coming out of the silencer. I have had an rm 125, then rm 250, now rmz 450, but i never had that much stuff coming out, he was told that it was alright, I dont think so. I know that a little is healthy but it is running down the silencer and dripping onto the swingarm, I thought he could have too rich a fuel/oil mix, but his spark plug looks fine, could it be that he needs re ring'd? what do you all think.

pink63impala

Sep 14, 2005
the man at the shop told me i wasnt adding enuff oil to the gas, i was using 1pitn to 5 gall. and it was supposed to be to 4 gall of gas, he told me not enuff oil wasnt letting the cylinder temps come up to where it should be to burn the oil

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

bru812

Aug 16, 2006
I just having the same issue with my 2004 RM125. It started when I stopped burning racing fuel and "top-end" 2 stroke fuel. From what I have read, my 30:1 mixture should be leaned a little like to 35:1 to improve combustion. Also, have you ever changed your silencer packing? That is also what I am going to do. the old may be totally saturated.
I'll advise more after a few more repairs.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Don't cut back on the oil to gas ratio. Your bikes are jetted rich and producing the spooge (the race gas probably compensated for the rich jetting and produced less spooge). Repacking the silencer is a good idea but to get rid of spooge you need to work with the jetting
Just do a search on jetting or spooge and you will get all the info you need

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
try new packing ,and good oil!!!
i use klotz 40:1
spoo is oil thats not burning!!,-not because of the jets
bigger -or smaller jets ,they allow fuel and oil in the cylinder -not just fuel!!!!
--unless it is oil injected!!!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
j32 said:
try
spoo is oil thats not burning!!,-not because of the jets

:blah: :blah:

How many times are we going to have to endure you typing that NONSENSE out here before you get a friggin clue? I swear, if you had an original thought on this subject it would die of loneliness.

You shouldn't have cut chemistry class in high school, it's clearly having a seriously negative impact on your ability to understand even the simplest concepts as an adult.

Last edited:

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
fatboyslim said:
Silencer pacing is easy to install if you have the right tools. Or unless it's a FMF silencer.

Are you saying an FMF isn't easy to pack, or that the FMF doesn't require the right/so many tools?

I'd guess the later since mine only required removing three allen head screws to remove the can and repack it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom