Eric Meyer

Sep 27, 2005
I have a 98 KX250 that has a shorty powercore which is pretty loud and rude. My buddy has a CR250 that has a powercore II which isn't all to bad. I ride in some woods by a residential area, and I don't want to upset anyone.

My pipe is an FMF Fatty pipe also.

What is a very quiet solution other than stock?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
I have a PC Nature Friendly silencer along with a DB Snorkle. It's pretty quiet as long as I keep the revs down to a reasonable rate while riding the woods behind my property.
My oldest son took the bike (97 CR250R) down the road last week and I was supprised how "quiet" it was. He just gassed it a little going over some dirt mounds and the noise wasn't bad at all. I never heard it while someone else was riding it!

hope this helps, (the FMF "Q" is supposed to be even more quiet, but I'm not sure it's available your your model year).

Eric Meyer

Sep 27, 2005
sixds said:
FMF Q, i havent heard one in person, or ridden on a bike with one, but ive heard they are quiet

FMF Turbine Core 2 Arrestor Q to be specific. It is supposed to be US Forrestry compliant and 96db.

Wanted to see if anyone maybe had any experience with this silencer.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Eric Meyer said:
FMF Turbine Core 2 Arrestor Q to be specific. It is supposed to be US Forrestry compliant and 96db.

thats supposed to be a great silencer for woods, glad to see your concerned about noise and are doing something about it :cool: . people like you are the only hope we have of keeping our sport alive.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Eric Meyer said:

I have one and its pretty quiet. Using the DB Snorkel is probably the only thing that would make it quieter.

Eric Meyer

Sep 27, 2005
RM_guy said:
I have one and its pretty quiet. Using the DB Snorkel is probably the only thing that would make it quieter.

Do you know anyone that has used the DB Snorkel? It is quite a contraption...

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
id love to try the DB snorkle but i cant justify the price. 85 bucks for a couple pieces of injection molded ABS. ehhhhh
if it were made of aluminum or stainless or something yeah but for 50 cents worth of ABS...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
sixds said:
how is the tubine core II Q for power?
It robs a little bit but it's really not that bad. I don't use all the power the bike makes as it is..and it's worth being in stealth mode when I ride :nod:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
sixds said:
how is the tubine core II Q for power?

I put one on my 99 KX125. It was really hard to tell if it robbed any power. It was much quieter, which gave the perception of being slower, but I don't know that it actually was. Still drug my 180+ lb arse around no problem.

Top Bottom