bobkat

Nov 13, 2006
Greetings,
Really appreciate the site and forums. After many years, now getting back into riding, but as a family (w/ wife, son 10, daughter 9). My '02 XR200r has an 'FMF powercore 4 muffler'...way too loud. tried new packing, not enough difference. Looking to my friends in the field for some advice....cannot find a stock muffler (yet)...is it possible to change the outlet dia? or are there different cores and or packing? power is not an issue, doubt there is much power diff anyhow. looks like stock was at 84db...aftermarket stuff is 94-96db...whats the quietest and most cost effective solution ?? also want to be sure to keep USFS appvd spark arrestor.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
bobkat said:
whats the quietest and most cost effective solution ?? also want to be sure to keep USFS appvd spark arrestor.

bobkat.

Check out a SuperTrapp silencer. You can add or remove the wafers in the rear of the silencer to change the sound levels as required. They are USFS approved and come in all sizes.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Stock is super quiet, if you can find one. Otherwise the supertrapp is probably your best option. My XR200R was so quiet my parents couldn't hear it in the house if I started it in the garage.

bobkat

Nov 13, 2006
Thanx. I would like to go stock, but dont find anything yet. Been looking at ****, craigslist etc. If anybody wants to trade for and FMF or sell a stock muffler, let me know!

Top Bottom