Quitting Smoking

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Rooster said:
Holy CRAP!! It's been six months plus for us too!! Waaaahooooooooo!

This is one example where time flies and it's cool, eh? :cool:

Congrats!!! :aj:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Still going strong. Over the 2 week mark. No problems.

I do think it is a mental thing. I have tried to quit in the past and it was brutal, this time I was ready to quit and it has not been too bad.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Good job Thump! :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Awesome David!!! :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thump?.....You still going?.....Hope so, if not, try again, if so, Congrats on three weeks! :cool:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Hope everyone is doing well. Each and everyone of us know what a hard battle it can be at times. This sunday will be ___ months for me. :)

KDXWORM

Mar 27, 2003
I will be 33 tomorrow and I have been smoking for about 16 years but have been gearing up to quit starting on my birthday. I took some leave from work and have new parts to install to keep me busy over the long weekend. After only being able to ride for little spells :ride: without running out of breath and the wife talking about starting a family there are not 2 better reasons to quit I think. wish me luck so I can get this monkey off my back. Thanks

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I for one wish you the best of luck KDXWORM. :cool: It's not easy, but it's worth the hardship. Good luck and please, feel free to give us a shout if you feel the need. We are all more than willing to talk, or just listen. YZ165

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

i used the exact same method and its been since the 1-24-05
i had 6 cigarettes night before birthday and wanted to get more and smoke all night :p but decided against it because i couldnt decide to quit in AM , or midnite or the minute i was born or when at all so i decided if i didnt just not smoke at all on that day i would stretch it til i didnt quit........so far so good

just a little warning ............if you like smokeing anything like i did

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I for two wish you the best of luck KDXWORM :cool:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
rickyd said:
Everybody hangin in there?? :cool:
I'm still hangin ,on the 4th I'll hit 5 months. :aj:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Great jop MXSparx! Keep it up! :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001

Right on!! There will be some posititve cahnges :cool: Good luck, as said before, give a shout if anything is needed..
Rick

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
MXSparx said:
I'm still hangin ,on the 4th I'll hit 5 months. :aj:

Way To Go, Sparx!!! :laugh: You're almost at a half a year. :cool:

KDXWORM,

I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know if there's anything you need. I smoked for 13 yrs and quit 2 mos ago. (I'm 30 yrs old) You're pretty much in the same boat as I. :) Once you commit to quitting, don't let up. Make it work. You KNOW you'll take much pride in the accomplishment + enjoy all the benefits of being an EX-smoker. :nod:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hows everyone doin?? Some of you are getting up in the months, :cool: :cool: :cool:

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Still going strong Ricky. Only one problem, gotta figure out how to loose some of this weight now. If I can quite smoking after 35+ years, I should be able to loose a little weight huh? :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Glad to hear it Thump! :cool: Great job to everyone else as well! :aj:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
plykins said:
Still going strong Ricky. Only one problem, gotta figure out how to loose some of this weight now. If I can quite smoking after 35+ years, I should be able to loose a little weight huh? :cool:
Very cool, hell yeah!! Ive been tryin too, doin more laps but i need too go on a strict diet..

Continued success too all :ride:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
OldassKDX said:
35 pages! I'm so proud!

I personaly thank you OldassKDX. Between this thread and a all the people behind it, it worked for me! :aj:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
OldassKDX said:
35 pages! I'm so proud!

You should be. :cool: Thank you for what you started. :)

May 29th was two months for me. I've been done with the patch for a couple of weeks now, and still feel good. It definately gets TONS easier the longer I go. Still have a bad moment once and a while that requires an extra amount of resistance but it feels good to be able to fight the urge. Hell, I'd be a damn fool to screw up the winning streak I've got going. now. :nod: I went to a pizza party for my sons T-ball team this past weekend. Got a big smile on my face when I was sitting there thinking I wasn't CONSUMED with when I could get out of the building for a quick smoke. I enjoy my life revolving around things that I want it to, and not revolving around an addiction.

WTG Thump on the 1 month! :aj: I bet it's getting alot easier now for you as well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…