Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I hope you ALL will ALWAYS stay ahead of me. :) June 29th was 3 mos. It just keeps getting easier.

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Way to go Green Horn!! :cool: I got 6months and 5 days(haven't had a cig this year). It does get easier with time, so hang in there everyone.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
MXSparx said:
Outstanding :cool:
yes i think i may have saved enough $$ to get the cr a goodie- like the new michelin S-12 i have my eyes on :boss:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Great job ellandoh! Keep up the good work!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
I would like to let everyone who has gone before me know that I have the utmost respect for what they have accomplished.I have tried before without success,but this time I really want to make it work.I applaud everyone who has overcome this demon and would greatly appreciate any suggestions ,support or help anyone can offer.This monkey has been on my back for over 2 thirds of my life and I'm ready to kick it with the help from some friends ,so please help in any way you can,I'll need it
Thanks
Speedfreek

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Speedy, I think you'll find that everyone here knows the difficulties of quitting smoking so we'll be as supportful as we can. The motif that i see in the quitting process is that YOU have to be ready to do it. That and an understanding significant other :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
TODAY IS 5 MONTHS!!! :aj:

I still have cravings from time to time but NOTHING like when I first started on this quest. I'll get a craving and then like 5-10 min later the feeling has passed. Not to mention it's only like once every 3 or 4 days that I get one.

So where's everyone else at? Gotta be the 8-9 month mark for a handful of you. :cool:

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I just quit again saturday at noon. Found out a person that I greatly admire had lung cancer. Really blew me away.

Used the gum yesterday but today the cravings have not been too bad

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
keep at it, Scott. For me it took a good 5 wks before I noticed a significant drop in the cravings. It's gonna be hard as hell but just keep in mind that you'll appreciate it in the long run.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Keep up the good work Scott! :aj:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Way to go, Perry!!! We still need to do that Smoke Free ride one of theses days. Maybe in a month when the cooler weather hits. :)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
little over 7 mos. gained 18 lbs :pissed: but holding steady :) . probably needed them still only 188

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
keep at it Scott,you can do it :cool: I'm tring too. It's probably one of the hardest things I've ever done but it will be worth it,keep telling yourself that. On another note,it's probably one of the only mods you can do that will make you faster on your bike and save you money :laugh:

Eddie Haskel

Jun 26, 2004
I smoked for 35 years went cold turkey in 97 I will never do it again. i fell for the smokers it takes over your life then you haft to fight for it back. good luck.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Speedfreek said:
On another note,it's probably one of the only mods you can do that will make you faster on your bike and save you money :laugh:

It does help, dont run outta breath so i can keep going, and going and.... :laugh:

Top Bottom