R U Getting enough Low-end on CR250

BallsOur

Jul 1, 2002
i was thinking of buying a new bike and i like to ride trails and hill climbs and also ride alittle track but not racing. can you guys get your cr250 to go up steep hills. where i ride most of the bikes are 400 or 500 four stroke but i want to have all around bike. is there any mods that get it good low end. Also do you have any trouble making it up the hills with out stalling? i am going to buy used and i want to know if the cr250 will fit my needs.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I have a 99 CR250. It has a great bottom end hit and pulls up any hill I care to try. I ride at Carnegie, CA. This place has alot of hillclimbs that are very rocky and loose. I may have trouble getting up some of the more steep trails, but it's not the bike's fault. I ride with friends that have collectively, a CR500, CRF450, XR600, and an '02 CR250. With the exception of the CR500, my bike is right on par with the rest. My 99 has alot more low end than the '02CR. I also ride some track and do alot of just playing around on trails. I think I will try a flywheel weight to give a little more low end momentum for the tighter trails and steeper hills. Other than that, I couldn't be happier!:yeehaw:
Darrin

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i just sent my motor to eric gorr to get ported for some more low end power, i would buy the bike if you like cr's and if it needs more low end power just do what i did and just have it ported buy eric gorr for some more low end he's very reasonable on prices. for the price of a new bike whats another $150 to make it perform how you want it to

2002 cr250

BallsOur

Jul 1, 2002
darringer- yeah carnegie is where i ride to. that place is sweet! i just need more power then a 125 and you guys helped me out perfectly! i gonna get a cr250. if you can hang with the 400 then i think i will be okay with it! Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom