blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Okay, I will be racing on June 10th at Oakhill MX in Decator Texas. The guys are telling me to race the womens class. Yea this would be great but I really don't want to race against 80's, 125's and 250's and stuff I want to race against other 125's. So I was thinking to race the 125 beginner class. I haven't been to a race yet at this track so I don't know how many riders race the 125 beginner class. I do know that usually the turnout on the womens class is like 3-4 girls. No offense but that doesn't seem like real fun to me. I want some action. I don't want to race just a few people on all differnt kinds of bikes. But if I race in the 125 beginner class will I just end up hurting myself? I was thinking of racing both classes, but I'm indecisive at this point and I can't make up my mind. I would like the opinions of you girls, and what you think would be best. My riding ability is beginner, I'm a real aggressive rider and I'm not scared to try new things out. I feel really good on my bike. I can almost clear most of the jumps at this track and in certain sections of the track I am pretty fast, but in others I need to work on. So what should I do race womens, or 125 beginner or both? I was kinda leaning towards both.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Well you can look at it in 2 ways. 1.) Do you want to get a trophy or 2.) Would you rather be challenged? I always race against the men unless it is a National and there is a women's Expert class. I don't think you would get hurt since you will ride the same track as the girls. Riding with the boys only made me faster. Of course I am not a motorcrosser but I think it is the same concept. Remember: "Everyone races the same rider, not the one beside them but the one inside them."

Good Luck

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Girlrider
Remember: "Everyone races the same rider, not the one beside them but the one inside them."

That's a great saying! And very true. If you finish last, but feel like you did better than you ever did, that's way more important than hardware.

If you can afford the entry fees, I would recommend entering both classes. Don't rule out the open beginner class as well as whatever age group you fit into. I am going to race women's, and probably my age group class (under the hill). MAYBE 250 Beginner but I haven't decided yet. My bike is so easy to ride and has such awesome power that even though it's a 200 I think I could hang in the 250 beginner class. Thing with that class is that very few of the 250 riders can really use all the power their bike makes at the beginner level so if I can go all out I might do ok. But I haven't really decided yet.

The 125 Beginner class is usually where all the carnage is. If you don't get the holeshot, you'll get tangled up in all the mess. Those kids scare me. It's up to you. You'll have to watch out for the other riders much more in that class than you would in a different class since they're all riding on the thin edge of control.

That's great you're willing to go for it! I was at the local races Friday night to watch Helmetcam race and was kicking myself for not bringing the bike! I wanted to be out there so bad. I can't wait until next Friday and I will be. Good luck!

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
have you come to a decision yet?
if you havnt could i suggest riding both, mabey concentrate more on e 125s?
if you could afford the entree fees n feel you've got enough to race 2 classes (tiring), then go for it!
i've never raced in a womens class before, dont have it here, some of the riders are bit out of control but theres where the fun starts for me.
anyhow, you sure sound like you'll get more satisfaction at the start gate with a full league of 20 riders or so. :p

oh yea do post a race report or something tell us how it went. esp if u did the 125s! Good Luck bh468 ;)

Irish MXer

May 15, 2000
If I were you I would race both classes. You can expect about 15-20 for a 125 beginner class and about 4-5 Women class. If you are content on racing only one then I would race the 125cc Beginner class, I think you would feel better about yourself if you rode that class, It would feel better to pass a 125cc of the same lvl than to pass an 80cc of the same gender and not nessairly the same riding ability. You will do fine in the 125cc Beginner class if you just keep going. Dont pull off the track just keep going. If you got mid pack 125cc Beginner class that would be like a win in the women's class. Good luck with whatever you choose. :)

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I decided that I would race both classes. I talked to the guy that runs the place last night and he said their would be anywhere from 20-30 riders in the 125 class. :eek: and I hear the outcome on womens isn't that great, but their are some. I will post a race report and let you all know how I did. I hope to practice starts tomorrow. I need the practice.

Irish MXer

May 15, 2000
good luck blackhawk, Starts are not really that hard, If there is a little down hill to the start you could get a second gear start. In starts as you probly already know you need to rev the bike to the moon and drop the clutch as fast as you can w/out wheeling. Hope that helps a little w/ the race. Other than that it is just like practice. Have fun and be safe.:)

Top Bottom