TFR Racing

Nov 8, 2001
I was thinking about trying a racefuel concentrate made by Klotz called Hitrate in my 2001 Suzuki RM125, and I was wondering if this stuff actually works good or if I should not use it? Also if not are there any other additives I could use in my fuel to boost the 94 octane rating a tad?

Thanks In advance!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Concentrate? What do you add it to, 94 octane pump gas??

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I have a buddy that tried it. He mixed it with C-12.
He said he liked it but it is waaaaay expensive and I'm not sure if his results warranted it.

D

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Has anyone tried this stuff yet?

I dont race but I need to raise my octane a few points and this seems like a good solution if it works....anyone?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
If I am understanding all of the different posts about race fuel correctly is that its biggest benefit is being able to pick and choose your favorite blend, garunteed freshness, and consistency. In my uneducated opinion Klotz probably sells a good product but the pump gas you mix it with is a guess. But to buy a race fuel and then to add a concentrate to it sounds like a lot more work then just to buy a race fuel that suits your purpose.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Mac
Has anyone tried this stuff yet?

I dont race but I need to raise my octane a few points and this seems like a good solution if it works....anyone?

If all you are trying to do is raise the octane a few points to prevent knock then this is a workable way to do it.

Last edited:

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
My best advise would be........

Either run straight race fuel or just run straight pump fuel.

Straight pump fuel is not an option, it pings.
Straight race fuel is overkill for my application not to mention expensive and the only fuel I can get local is Cam-2 which I heard mixed reports about.

If I am understanding all of the different posts about race fuel correctly is that its biggest benefit is being able to pick and choose your favorite blend, garunteed freshness, and consistency.

Those are all great reasons to use race fuel but you forgot the most important reason is octane and this is what I care about most.

If all you are trying to do is raise the octane a few points to prevent knock then this is a wrokable way to do it.

Thats all I needed to hear, I will give it a try.

Thanks to all who helped.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom