race fuels (again, for the hundreth time...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
Does any one have the link to the Phillips race fuel site? The only link I found is http://www.phillips66.com/, but there's nothing about their race fuels (B32, B35, B37...)

Also, I’ve been looking at different brands of race fuels and wanted to know what you guys thought about them. I looked through spec sheets and these are what I thought fit my application the best. What do you think?

VP C-12 (a local go kart track sells 5 gallon drums for 79,95$ Canadian does that sound right? seems a little high to me...)
Sunoco GT plus
Nutec special 5
Elf special cross

I also thought of Phillips B35. Rich seems to really like that one...

My bike is a mostly stock 1996 yz250. I'm only looking for better throttle response and mild performance gains, but the main reason I want to run race fuel is because I have minor preignition. I know Rich doesn't beleive in cutting race fuel with pump gas, but Eric recommends it in his fuel basics web page) What's your opinion? ( I was tinking of cutting it cause 80$ per day of riding is a little rich for my blood). I ride trails and I just started riding MX tracks (I'm still very slow on the track, second gear most of the time, and don't expect to get better any time soon as this is my first 250 and I had little experience before I got this bike.).

I also saw Nutec Pro-MX and Elf special Moto are these any good for my application? What do you think?

So logically, though I've been known to be lacking in that department, I'll have to run richer jets if I get an oxygenated fuel right? Do you guys recommend playing around with the ignition timing when using race fuel? I was thinking of retarding the timing a little as my bike seems to run flat at high rpm's

Thanks for the help

Eric

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
www.p66race.com

What fuel to use has been covered 100s of times. Look around.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Eric, that price for the C-12 is not out of line. A local kawi dealer here in Manitoba sells it for $70.95 per 5 gal can and claims he only brings it in as a service to some of the racers since he's making essentially nothing on it at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom