firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well the two final rounds of the Spring Survivor Series were Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday went ok, I did my typical thing where my first moto was great and my second sucked. Today, however, was MUCH better.

My first moto sucked. Since there were only 3 of us today (there were 7 yesterday) we gated with the 80 beginners. One of the little idiots cut across in front of me totally at random and we both went down. I picked back up and finished. What I DIDN'T know was that one of the other girls had bike problems--her bike seized on the line so she had to run borrow another and ride. So she was like 3 laps down but finished and I ended up with 2nd. In the second moto, I holeshot (our class anyway) and held it for half a lap or so. The same girl who got first passed me and won again, and the girl whose bike seized stayed WAY behind. I don't know if she went down or was just not used to the bike (RM 85 instead of her normal KX 85) but I never even saw her.

The best part of it was the girl who won--she and I rallied[/] back and forth in the second moto. I holeshot and had a decent lead for a little while but soon I heard her behind me. She rides a new and new-to-her RM 125. We battled back and forth for almost a whole lap. It was great! I held her off for quite a while, then we went back and forth in corners a little, then she got out front and I stayed on her tail a little, then she pulled away. It was SOOOO much fun. We even made contact twice! We both stayed upright and in our line. We were Woo-Hoo-ing at each other the whole time. We even joked afterwards about how she was glad I have black plastic on my bike, because orange marks wouldn't match her RM very well. It was so great. I wish racing could be like that every time. I've never had so much fun on the track.

Since this was the last round, we had an awards ceremony afterwards. I actually got 2nd in the series since no one else had been to every event. So I have a pretty cool trophy to bring home.

There won't be another local series until fall except the night races, and I have so much stuff going on over the next couple of months that I won't make it to enough of them to stay in the points. I already missed one, the next is Memorial weekend and I'd much rather spend it camping and trail riding, and the next one after that is the weekend I am going to visit my mommy.

But this has been fun racing in the spring races--it is the first time I have actually raced an entire series. Expensive and frustrating, but fun.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Congratulations! Now lemme go back and see what you wrote...

Edit: That's cool. I really enjoy fighting corner to corner. In fact, I stayed behind a guy who was a little bit slower than me one time just because it was good practice to take the inside line and pin the throttle after every corner. I'd get up next to him and hit the brakes (to separate us so I could do it again). He didn't appreciate it very much, and he (eventually) pulled off the track and stopped so I would be forced to pass him.

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congratulations! Good to hear that you took a trophy home!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Way to go, Sharla! :thumb:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Seeeeee?? What did I tell you about those trophy shelves. ;) Congratulations chica. I'm glad you enjoyed it AND got a trophy to boot. :thumb: That sounds like one pretty awesome weekend.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks guys! I feel pretty good about it, especially about battling with Debbie. We are going to start practicing together too. I definitely ride harder when I'm racing her because today I am sore in places that I usually am not. Upper arms/shoulders, rear end. I have never been sore there before even after 2 days of racing.

Bbbom--there are a couple of indoor series, plus Woodland (down by Vancouver) runs year round also.

KDXgirl, why do you ask? Are you planning on making a trip over?

4EO, I doubt you need any skillz! Sounds like you are doing great too. We need to ride together soon. Are you coming for the Fathers' Day ride?

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
Yep, Im thinking about visiting the states in January for 4 weeks. Well I am in 2 minds at the moment, either go on a holiday or update my bike to a wr250f!! Im thinking holiday first and new bike next year!

Can you hire bikes over there??? The trip is still in early planning stages but I will go crazy if I cant ride for 4 weeks!!

Snowmobiling could be fun to.........

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Dan105
Nice ride Sharla. One of these days im going to come out your way and do some racing on that side of the country.

I hope you do. :)

KDXgirl, I don't personally know of any place that rent bikes here in our area, but if you were to come over we could certainly find a loaner somewhere. And yes, snowmobiling is fun too, but I prefer bikes. :)

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
I never been snowmobilling, I have been skiing a few times though, snow is somewhat limited here in Australia!

I have been looking at flight prices/details as I speak!!

Top Bottom