DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Eric or rich or anybody: anyone try those new race tec crank seals sold by track tech that promise a 1.5 hp gain for like $60 ?? Supposedly theres way less frictional drag and better crank/seal bonding .There sold mostly for Karts . Just wondering if any of you fellows tried them,? let us know thanks DEAN

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
while on this topic, what about them ceramic main bearings that cost $80 or something dollars each, they are supposed to be good for 1-2HP also, with Deans seals, thats a 3-4HP value, LOL.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I remember there were some info about ceramic bearings on Eric Gorr's website. The article was in favor of ceramic bearings but I don't remember it mentioning big numbers in HP increase. 1.5 hp is almost impossible for a bearing?!?! I 'll try to find the article.

Lazyeiger

May 5, 2003
The Kart guys have dyno evidence that the ceramic bearing s have no gain over a good C4 bearing with the kapton race, also I had a buddy who was using ceramic bearings have one explode, completly destroyed the engine, had to be completley torn apart and cleaned to get rid of all the ceramic bits!

As for the race tec seals I use them but again have no hard evidence that they make more power, but they do feel nice!!!

By the way being 1 jet size out is easily losing you more power than any of these expensive go-fast options!! I prefer to spend my money on track time and trying to get the setup, both motor and chassis spot on!

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Bruce Theyre not my seals I just wanted some feedback . I also have witnessed first hand the failure of the Expensive ceramic bearings but I couldnt say it was the bearings fault < could have been the parental units leaner is better idealogy. Lazyeiger, maybe on dyno test #2 they turn the choke off.Lazyeiger whats the maijn difference in the seals is itlike design or a material difference?

Lazyeiger

May 5, 2003
At first glance the seals look just like any other seal, but on closer inspection the sealing surfaces look light grey kindof like graphite and with the finger test they are super slippery.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom