Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I'm thinkin of getting some rad braces for my kx are there any recommend I should get or stay away from?. I was looking at the Works Connection ones any thoughts?.

Matt

bentbarz

Dec 16, 2000
I have not looked at the Works units, but I do have a pair of Devol Racing's. I put them on after replacing a $250 radiator half, and they have saved me from buying another two or three since. Very good fit and they look great.

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
I too had to buy a 200.00 radiator. I ordered the works connection braces and the devol guards for the extra protection. Unfortunately, you can't use both of them at the same time. I went with the devol. They seem to offer more front and side impact protection.

Mike

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Let me remind you of something I heard...the radiator braces don't let as much air get to your radiators...so your engine runs a little hotter. If that isn't much of a problem for you, they should be great!:p

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
I have the Works Connection ones on my KX and love them! They fit perfectly, and the guard goes around the back of the radiator so it doesnt impede air flow, and protects the radiator fins from getting smashed by your hand when changing the spark plug. You can still use the plastic louvers on the front of the radiator that came with the bike.

YZmoto

Apr 29, 2001
I have the Works Connection rad braces and I like them. I only have one crash with them on so far and they protected the radiator from any type of damage. They look weak to begin with, but once you bolt them on they are strong and fit perfect.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Another Works Connection user! I've ran them on all of my 125's and after MANY crashes and laying the bike over - they haven't let me down. And like Moto Enduro said - they are behind the radiator so they don't block air flow. The also fit great, are easy to install/remove, and very durable (and look pretty cool too :confused: ).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom