Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I did a search and alot of opinions on which to use, but any cr250 (2000) owners use either one OR both? THe Vforce 2 is cheaper, but I see u need to cut stuff. I heard alot of people say the rad valve is "junk" anyone have any expericences oe good advice on witch to gwt, if I was to get one?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Get the vforce what they have you cutting is the reed block stuffer tabs its simple if your good with a razor blade. the old style rad valve isn't as good why do you think there is the all new Rad3 valve out for '02 CR's. In the ad makes big claims that its better than the vforce money back garuntee anyone else seen that.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Dude, my buddy has an 02 cr250r, went with the VFORCE and bought a new boot to cut it down. He says it sucks and is junk... He went with getting the BOYSEEN, just put it on last nite. He will sell you the VFORCE with the boot cut ready to go for about $100 if you are interested.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
zcookie49- put the V-force in the low tension I called mototassinari and this is what they recommend and put a 6BEY30-76 needle in and the v-force will rock! Let us know what you think of the boyesen rad-valve please.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
why do you think there is the all new Rad3 valve out for '02 CR's.

because it is a totally differnet case reed induction engine.

He says it sucks and is junk...

did he give it chance to work (Tension jetting etc.), or just bolt it on?

sorry to play devils advocate guys, :p but these different valves are inteeresting and something i wanted to know more about

hopefully we can get some more feedback going.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
To be totally honest with you, I dont know. He may have only did the bolt on, but I will clarify with him. He is the only one that I know that has both, Just wanted to help out, but if I cant give you the complete story, not much help. I will post back....

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
ok, I talked to my bud, asked him to give me the low down. he states that the v-force did offer better performance than stock, not like it is totally junk, but having to cut the boot was a pain. He didnt adjust the jetting either, it was left on 2. In his opinion, he feels that the Rad valve offers a better hit, especially in the low end. He still hasnt completely had the bike running fully since this past weekend it was like 98 degrees and the bikes werent running well at the track, so he says.....I will post more from what I hear from him.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I myself was sceptic on if the Boyesen Rad vavle would work on my bike also. I pulled the stock vavle off w/ Boyesen Power Reeds and installed the Rad vavle. I didn't adjust any jetting because so far the bike revs fine with no signs of rich jetting or lean conditions. Well my first ride with the Rad vavle was unbeleiveable...This vavle gave the thing a much much better hit and a better throttle response! Boyesen's claims on the rad vavle was totally true for my application and was very worth the $160 price tag.

Top Bottom