kdxcw

Mar 5, 2000
I am thinking about buying a rad valve. Does it work? What exactly does it help?Is it worth the money? I ride a kdx220.fmf rev,Fredette torque ring,dropped tooth on primary

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I don't know - ia have heard people say that there are better things to spend your money on.

Since i picked one up free (Wendy won one) at DW02' i will try it out and let you know. :) :thumb:

Razorback

Jul 12, 2002
It gave my bike improved slow speed torque and mid range.I'm happy with mine.I wanted as much torque as I could get using stock gears.

FMF torque pipe,Pro Circuit silencer,rad valve,Fredette porting and head mill,45 pilot 155 main.stock needle second clip.stock carb for now.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Don't do it.

One of those 'heard people say..' is me. I've used several reed sets/combos on my bike. I've ridden side by side with another kdx modified the same as mine with the exception of reed differences.

I guarantee, promise and otherwise affirm: The moto tassinari deltaforceII reed block is a HUGE improvement over the rad valve.

...which is why the price of the rad valve has dropped something like $30 recently...sez me.

If you really really want one...buy a used one that maybe has brand new reeds on it.

Hey!!! I just happen to HAVE one'a those!!!!

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
The amount of performance gain from a RAD valve versus a set of Power or Pro reeds is NOT worth the extra $$. Your money could be better spent elsewhere IMHO.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom