Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
I took out my bike today for a 25-30 minute ride around the property. It ran fine until I put it away. When I sat it down on the kick stand in the garage it started leaking radiator fluid. It looked like it was coming out of the tank that holds the fluid. After it had cooled down the leaking stopped. I think there may have been a crack in the tanks that hold the radiators as it was coming out of both sides. For the few time i have ridden this bike so far it hasn't ever done this. What disturbs me is that a buddy of mine had taken the bike out for a ride before this problem started happening and he tried to pop a wheelie and ended up taking the bike down with him. Not sure if this could have caused the tanks to crack or leak. How should I go about fixing this? Also it looks like there is a sealant on the tank where it was leaking , like a previous owner had popped it loose and tried to seal it together and this being my longest ride so far the heat could have caused the sealant to wear off and let out the fluid. Not sure of the problem but what should I do?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Cman250 said:
How should I go about fixing this? Also it looks like there is a sealant on the tank where it was leaking , QUOTE]

Cman.

There should not be any sealant on your radiators. Sounds like it was cracked already.

Remove the radiator and take it to a welder. Most tig welders can repair them. If there is no one around you that does that, try this link--------> www.meylors.com If the link won't work, do a search on 'Meylors radiator repair'.

Top Bottom