Rb Carb Mod Fans See This

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
This is apparently a "bolt on" RB look-alike!
www.worldpowerracing.com

Interesting what it does to your main jet size

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
But the difference is that this new one is a carb plate on the intake side of the carb, not the output side of the carb. Here's what the web site says about it:
"The Power Now for the 2 stroke is a different shaped air bell with the wing in place. Made of steel and tig welded together, it slips right in the back of your carb, improving air flow and velocity at all throttle positions. The power now for the 2 stroke not only improves off idle to mid range, but also helps it go out quite further on top after you lean out the main jet".

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
'They' need someone doing the write-up on their widget that has a bit of sense.
..it's spending the few seconds it has to fill the cylinder spinning around ..

Not to be too picky, but at a couple of seconds for cylinder fill, you're doing....??? 30rpm? WoW!

Has some obvious issues, I'd think. What happens when the slide is past 1/2 throttle, and all that air dumps on top of the jet screen? What does that do to jet signal?

Just seems reasonable to rarify the airstream AFTER it's mixed with fuel (like the RB carb does) and past the slide than beFORE.

I like the press release page (..coming soon!)

But, no....it's not an RB look-alike.

There was a good deal of dyno work done with the RB carb before it was 'released'. Wouldn't a first thought in product promotion be to publish (post) some dyno results?

And the jettings (sic) info? Nice to be able to see the whole write-up....

With the marketing being so WAY behind the 'ol 8-ball..it makes me wonder about the product.

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
There was a review of the 4 stroke version in the January 2003 issue of Dirt Rider. They gave it a 9.5 out of 10. They claimed it even made their YZ250F test bike easier to start.

I agree though, based soley on the info on their web site, I'd be skeptical. Some independent dyno results would help tell the real story.

FWIW, the DR article also mentiond that World Power Racing designed the SST pipe for FMF.

Last edited:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
The design may solve solve some issues the RB mod had. It will increase the signal strength up to 1/2 throttle and the emulsion will not hit the plate and condense or separate which will likely allow leaner jetting. It might be worth a try.

The "RB" carb mod in varoius configurations has been around for a while, probably longer than RB himself, check out the fmf "carb wing" and there are others as well.

Back in the day it was a "hot trick" to put a similar divider in the intake of nortons with Gold Star valves ostensibly to improve flow along the floor of the port on short tracks. My Gold Star had a similar plate that could be pulled.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…