RC on Wind Tunnel Last Night

B

biglou

Not sure if this was a repeat, or just a tape-delay because there was no mention of the torn knee. Straight from RC himself:
  • 250 for SX, 450 for MX
  • Bubba is the next big thing, just like he was after MC, and racing him will be fun
  • Not going to pursue a SX-only contract-too much fun riding both indoors and out.
  • Supermotard will probably follow the SX/MX career
Anyhow, this interview seemed to show a much more mature RC. It makes a huge diff when you're being interviewed from your own home (amid a mountain of giant trophies, at that!) while you're relaxed as opposed to immediately after a race while emotions are high. Nary a disparaging comment was made toward any of his fellow riders. Nothing but praise for the group. Sounds like the kid is growing up at least a little bit to me.

Now, bash away (Pred:p )

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I'll begin with the bashing. You mean he wasn't in anyway looking down on us (everyone) as lowly, unequal worms?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by mdkuder
I'll begin with the bashing. You mean he wasn't in anyway looking down on us (everyone) as lowly, unequal worms?

:silly:  

Ahh, did RC hurt your feelings with something he said once?  Poor baby.  There, there.  It'll be all right.  

So RC doesn't always say what you want him to say. And he is not the best interview or the most handsome spokesman to ever walk the earth.  Get over it.  

BTW, RC has improved a lot in front of the microphone during his long and very successful career.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Who cares about an MX snob? Real men ride in the woods! Until RC wins an Off Road title, he is nothing but a jumper.
Settle down people, I am just playing around. Just yanking your chain.
LOL.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Dave!!!! Didn't you see the bobber up there? Gotta let the haters hate and let the players play. What do you think the mkd guy is..... hater hahaha

Long live the king you worm!!!!! hahaha

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Hey man I am a big Hannah fan. When Bob rode Yamahas I had a yz 80, When he was on Hondas I had a CR125, When he rode Zooks I got a rm 125. The guy was my hero. I even got to go a Tony D school at Etown, Hannah and Ronnie tichnor were the the instrutors, talk adout a cool day!!! Thats why I don't get your hate for RC he is cut from the same cloth as Hannha, without all of the smack talk. RC is all Hannha was and more. But I'm over getting all worked up over the RC haters, if you want to hate the kid go nuts.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'm a big Hannah fan as well.

As for the RC haters, I'm just trying to figure out if there is a consensus as to why.

Maybe we should start a poll.

The REAL reason I hate RC is:

a)  He's short.

b) He's got red hair.

c) Not good enough looking to be an MX superstar.

d) Doesn't say what I want him to say during interviews.

e) Someone told me he's not nice to kids and/or dogs.

f)  He rides a red bike/used to ride a green bike.

g) Doesn't smile bright enough when signing race day autographs.

h)  Beats my favorite rider like a rented mule.

i)  All of the above.

j)  Other.

So which is it, RC haters?

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
he never has had the stigma of the happy-go-lucky wonder boy, it isn't that they dont like him but wonder boy pastrana stole his thunder and then bubba burst onto the scene, he isn't the crowd favorite, but he wastes the crowd favorite at every race, that doesn't sit well with the fans.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
It seems like everyone has a story how RC beat thier kid out of the free pair of goggles and autographed poster that they are entitled to when they buy their SX ticket.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm a big fan of RC. I have never seen him treat anyone poorly at the events I have been at. I still remember how shy he seemed when he won Daytona on teh 250 for the first time.

He is a great champion in my eyes and a great ambassador of the sport b/c he just loves to go out and give his all on a dirtbike. You can't really ask for more than that.

Ivan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
k) His freckles bug me to no end.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by dirt bike dave
The REAL reason I hate RC is:
Just because. Ain't that enough? Heck, I hate
  • Bill Elliott, just because
  • the Denver Broncos, just because
  • the New York Yankees, just because
  • basketball in general, just because
  • Boise State, but that's because I'm supposed to, bein's I'm an Idaho Vandal
  • chick flicks, just because
  • the Lifetime Network, just because
  • snow and mud, just because

y'see, RC ain't the only thing I hate. :thumb:

Last edited:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Ricky rocks! I can see why Chad Reed or Stephan Everts hate him, but why the fans? He puts on an awesome show, keeps it competitive and spanked the whole world for us over in Belgium (too bad his teammates weren't able to step up as well). Now if he can whip the Open bikes on a 125 at the MXDN, like Johnny O, then he'll really have done it all in the world of motocross. Red, green, whatever.... throttle on RC!

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I like RC. I think he's the best rider. But I also like Reed and would like to see my fellow aussie do well. And to do well he needs to beat the best. The best just happens to be RC. Besides, it makes the racing more interesting. It was boring when RC was always winning.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I don't think Stefan Everts hates Ricky. I think they have the utmost respect for eachother. When Ricky was over in Belgium for the MXdN, Evert's drove Ricky over to his Dad's (Harry Everts) in his own VW and brought RC on a tour through his home showing him his trophies and his championship bike collection. Of course followed by media and press. RacerX had a feature on it.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Don't hate, Appreciate :laugh: Love him or hate him, gotta respect him, gives it 100% while on the track.. Who cares if he signed w/Honda for more money, if i were offered more money for the job i do, i would more than likely take it.. just my $ .02 worth
Rick

Top Bottom