re jetting

ridersean

Mar 30, 2003
i have a 92 kdx 200 amd just got the gold series fatty pipe and the turbine core spark arrestor i was wondering if anyonbe has done this and had to re jet thanks in advance

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I rebuilt my 1990 last winter and added the same pipe and silencer. I also had Fredette do some porting work and he told me that if I was close before, I would be close after as far as jetting is concerned. The reasoning was that I had improved both the intake side and the exhaust side. I would think you'll probably need to dial it in a little to be optimum. I think I need to spend some time jetting my bike but it seems like I'm spending all my work time trying to dial in my boy's YZ80. When I have time to ride, I just go and figure I'll optimize the jetting "next week".

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
i too recently added fmf fatty and turbine core. i was running stock jetting 48pilot, 1172 needle but moved to second clip from top and a 158 main. airscrew 1 1/2 out. 32:1 mix. i changed to 45 pilot, 1173 needle in mid position and a 155 main with airscrew 1 turn out. better but i ended up going with clip in 2nd from top and airscrew 1 1/4 out. still 32:1 also im using premium exxon pump gas. might try one leaner on pilot but where i am now is pretty good as far as performance and having to do routine top end jobs.
do you have stock reeds? and what about the airbox lid? i have boyesen power reeds and no lid. one other thing i'm at about 1600 ft above sea level. hope this helps.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…