orphanbass

Oct 1, 2008
I have a 95' KDX 200 and it has a FMF gold series fatty pipe and FMF turbine core arrestor. The problem I have is I have oil leaking around were the fatty pipe where it connects to the head. I notice that there is 2 rubber O-rings around the header but they don't touch the head itself? Is it possible the header is not the right one for my bike? I just purchased the bike used. Any thoughts.

orphanbass

Oct 1, 2008
What I don't get is the 2 o-rings on the pipe don't touch any part of the engine to make a seal. Unless I am missing something?

SilvrSRT10

Aug 11, 2008
The whole pipe with o-rings should fit up into the head. Maybe it's just not inserted far enough. Do you have the springs on either side of the pipe the hold it firmly in place? The o-rings may need a little grease on them to help them slide into the exhaust port. Good luck.

orphanbass

Oct 1, 2008
I guess the new O-rings must be larger in diameter. When the pipe is installed with the 2 springs, the present o-rings are not touching the cylinder head. I guess I'll start with a new exhaust gasket and o-rings and see how that works. Thanks guy's.

Top Bottom