XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Following is the text of an email I received as a representative of the Highway District, and as a member of a group called the Friends of Moscow Mountain.  This guy is a pretty liberal feller, and has stirred up the motorized recreation crowd in the past, but I think someone has gone too far, and, unfortunately, they may have spoiled the deal for all the rest of us.

A little background:  Moscow Mountain, basically located about 5 miles from downtown Moscow (where I live) is entirely privately owned.  The largest landholder is a local lumber company, and there are several other people with 40 acre patches up there.  The Friends of Moscow Mountain is working to develop a recreation plan that will "satisfy" all user groups, with seperate trails for hikers, MTBers, and ATV/Motorcycles.  But, the guy who wrote this email has a lot of pull with a lot of important people, and could get this sucker shut down. :(

Anyhow, here's the email:

Excuse my anger if it comes through in this message, but I've had it
with cooperation with the motorized rec heads.

Last night at 2pm there were gunshots from my gate. Went to investigate in my subaru. A large dark lifted 4x4 was there. I stopped, the truck ran forward onto my hood. I got out as they were turning around and asked the two late 20's  clean shaven white males what the hell they were up to. The passenger pointed a large bore revolver at my head and said back off. I did. As they were roaring away, I saw the non-functional dirt bike that I had piled up at the base of a tree under my hanging snowmobile in the back of their truck. License plate 1L 57 566 (hey Elkster, wanna run that for me so I can bust some heads?) No grille, no front license plate, heavy duty front bumper/brush guard, dark green (I think).

Called it into the sheriff who promptly responded but the odds of choosing the right road to intercept were 25%. SO took a report and went away. The motorcycle was found @ 7 a.m. in the ditch off S. Mountain View Extension and S. Fk Palouse River Road outside Moscow. Sheriff says plate # does not match the rig described.

At 10 a.m. my wife Jeanne Amie called to say the tires on our Ford pickup and new Subaru had been slashed outside our house in town on S. Jefferson sometime between 1:30 and 4:00 a.m. Undoubtedly the same assholes who were up here, probably the same ones who slashed my truck tires at same address in March and likely the same ones who shot up my subaru a year ago winter.

The scary twist to this one, outside of having a gun directly pointed at me at close range, is the slashing of the tires on my wife's car which we've only had for six weeks, has rarely been on the mountain, and has no distinguishing characteristics to mark it as ours. I'm just glad she decided to not drive up the mountain after work last night which would have put her on the mountain roads at the same time as these jerks.

I scared this same duo plus a woman in the same rig away last year as they were trying to cut the dirt bike and snowmobile down out of the tree by my gate. The one with the gun this time issued some nasty threats at that time.

I would like the group's ok to take this to the papers with the explicit statement that failing to apprehend these scum will result in the shutdown of all motorized recreation on the mountain in the near future. We can talk about how later if that becomes necessary. I've been disappointed in humanity before, but now I'm pissed.

Unfortunately for guys like me, the FOMM will step right in with this guy and get guys like me banned off the Mountain.

A sad state of affairs, Just thought I'd vent :|

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry to hear that but as we all know, shutting down the area wont fix the problem. These jerks will do it no matter if they are allowed there or not since they are up to no good anyways. Just wondering why the guy had a dirtbike and snowmobile in a tree anyways??

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Just wondering why the guy had a dirtbike and snowmobile in a tree anyways??

Pred,
I have the same question. Does the guy ride off road or snowmobiles? Has he been vocal in the past with the tire slashing and threats received about shutting down the proposed OHV area?

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
sounds like the guy was trying to make it look like the dirt bike was dead and buried under a tree and the snowmobile had been hung by its neck.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
There is no question that the dude that was (for lack of a better term) "assaulted" has politics directly opposite mine, but just because he's got a mo'sickle and a snowcat hanging from a tree don't mean someone can pull iron on him. That's the guy we should all be concerned about, since he's a member of the 5% that ruin it for the rest of us.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
hey what the? is this the only guy living in the country with out proper arms? am i to read "clean shaven white males" as the neo nazi clan types? hell, i like any guy who goes to the trouble of "piking" a bike and sled as a warning to others.i think this dude needs to take a crash course in security, people have shot up his place before.i've always thought it a citizens moral duty to put a bullet in the beans of idiots like this, kinda' like citizen responsibility, like shooting a ferral dog or something. i feel for this guy, but the police are not here to protect us, merely respond and take a report and do detective work.gun play and outlaws, ha! i guess things are not so sleepy out on moscow mountain.

Top Bottom